The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

In other news, I ordered the Fast Tracks 30 degree track crossing jig. It should be here any day. I look forward to making the crossing so I know I'll have zero derailments in this area.

I'll be building this crossing and posting the progress on the A&S RR thread.

The month I took off has really been beneficial in my desire to continue working on the layout. Not that I was going to completely stop but I found myself just not "giving a damn". I reached somewhat of a major burnout.

I began removing the old layout on December 13, 2013.

Three thread parts later, I was looking at 450 pages and over 4500 pictures. Yes, It was almost a full time job just doing the thread and adding the pictures in addition to the work on the layout.

Now, my mind set is to pace myself and continue on! Appreciate all the PMs, emails and phone calls. I'm not out of step, but the rest of the band is.
;D ;D ;D

Tom  8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on April 24, 2019, 06:56:34 PM
Good to see you back at it Tom.

Curt,

Thank you my friend. I'm ready for the next 500 pages. :P

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

Great to see you back at it! We all need a break once in a while, no matter how much we enjoy the hobby.  When I start feeling burned out on working on the layout I take a trip or go fishing. I always come back ready to get back at it. I'm looking forward to following your progress on your wonderful layout.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Tom,
Glad to hear you're back at it with renewed fire...I do the same thing (although much more frequently and not always by choice). Looking forward to a tidal wave of progress -always inspired by your pace and exacting work.

john

MAP

Hey Tom!  Great to see you back in the saddle and ready to continue the build of the A&S!  Looking forward to your posting again.
Mark

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on April 24, 2019, 07:43:22 PM
Tom

Great to see you back at it! We all need a break once in a while, no matter how much we enjoy the hobby.  When I start feeling burned out on working on the layout I take a trip or go fishing. I always come back ready to get back at it. I'm looking forward to following your progress on your wonderful layout.

John,

Thanks for stopping by with the encouraging support. I did get burned out and now feel excited to get going again.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on April 25, 2019, 06:21:49 AM
Tom,
Glad to hear you're back at it with renewed fire...I do the same thing (although much more frequently and not always by choice). Looking forward to a tidal wave of progress -always inspired by your pace and exacting work.

john

John,

Thanks, much appreciate the support. I do feel renewed and have been going at it again full time the past few days.

The wave is coming.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on April 25, 2019, 06:44:38 AM
Hey Tom!  Great to see you back in the saddle and ready to continue the build of the A&S!  Looking forward to your posting again.

Mark,

Appreciate the support and it does feel good to be moving once again at a steady pace.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jimmillho

Tom,
Glad to see you back.......looks like more fodder for the Saturday report.

Sure hope you have "Greg Speed Guards" on the upper level curves (just saying).

Jim

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on April 26, 2019, 04:37:05 PM
Tom,
Glad to see you back.......looks like more fodder for the Saturday report.

Sure hope you have "Greg Speed Guards" on the upper level curves (just saying).

Jim

Jim,

Good to be back my friend. GSG guards are on the list of "things to do".

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

FINALLY SOME SUCCESS.

The separation of the levels was a success. The new DB220 Digitrax booster was programmed and installed.

The feeder wires were all reattached to the third level bus line. The reverse loop wiring was completed and performs perfectly as well.

The new DB220 Digitrax booster (photo below) is on the far right. The black power source is a MRC 50 amp power supply and controls the power to the lower level 43 Tortoise turnouts.

In the bottom photo, the three PSX Power Districts, levels 1-3, are on the top and the three PSX-ARs, levels 1-3 are on the bottom.

It sure feels good to have it all working properly again.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Impressive work Tom. I'm glad you can figure all that out because I probably couldn't. Glad you're short problem is fixed.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Rollin

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 26, 2019, 04:52:04 PM
FINALLY SOME SUCCESS.

The separation of the levels was a success. The new DB220 Digitrax booster was programmed and installed.

Just in time for a Saturday session!

sdrees

Trying to figure out wiring is a real pain in the ass.  Happy to see you got it figured out.  Oh, and you do a real near wiring job.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Bruce Oberleitner