2021 Winter Build Challenge, Let's build a Jordan!

Started by Raymo, January 01, 2021, 09:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Dan

This is coming along very nice. I'm enjoying the thread and the truck is looking great.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Quote from: S&S RR on January 03, 2021, 08:30:23 PM
Dan

This is coming along very nice. I'm enjoying the thread and the truck is looking great.
Thanks John.

Raymo

To get back at it, I removed the rear spring, rear axle and exhaust system from the sprue.

Raymo

The rear spring was installed into the grove of the rear cross member. The rear end was attached to that with the front of the wishbone/driveshaft attached to the rear of the transmission. The exhaust system was installed to the underside with the bend in the pipe under the wishbone.

Raymo

The front axle and wishbone were then removed from the sprue and cleaned up. The front axle fits into the grove of the front crossmember and the point of the front wishbone should rest on the bellhousing.

Raymo

Raymo

Back to the cab, I attached the fuel cap to the cowl and the radiator cap to the top of the radiator.

Keep It Rusty

Great work. I will be building my second Jordan soon.

Although I'm aware George didn't build all his Jordan's on the F&SM, it still makes me appreciate the work that went into the amount of them that can be found there!

Raymo

I cut the very delicate headlight assembly from the sprue. I then attached the horn throat to it.

Raymo

This was then attached to the front fenders. I drilled the dimples out on the fenders to allow the glue to attach better. I also repaired the front bumper mounts with some styrene strip and attached the front bumper.

Raymo

I attached the "brake drums" to the back of the wheels. I left the wheels on the sprue to help with painting.

Raymo

That's it for tonight. I need to download more photos..

Raymo

Quote from: Rusty Robot on January 06, 2021, 07:38:52 PM
Great work. I will be building my second Jordan soon.

Although I'm aware George didn't build all his Jordan's on the F&SM, it still makes me appreciate the work that went into the amount of them that can be found there!
Yes! And there's a LOT of Jordan's on the F&SM..

Jim Donovan

Dan;

Really enjoying the build. Have a question, when you clean up the parts how much force are you applying? I know sounds stupid but I don't want to shave off too much and sometimes hard to tell were the flash ends and the part starts. OK, a second question, when I built a Jorden bus the thread I followed recommended super glue. Here you are using the plastic cement. Photos show it looks great and I see no glue but how does it feel to work with for you?

Thanks

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

postalkarl

Hey Raymo:

It's coming along very nicely. Can't wait to see it finished.

Karl