2021 Winter Build Challenge, Let's build a Jordan!

Started by Raymo, January 01, 2021, 09:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Quote from: Rail and Tie on January 18, 2021, 05:36:40 PM
Nice work Dan. You can't beat the detail that is in a Jordan!
No you can't Darryl. It's amazing what they were able to recreate in HO scale.

Raymo

To get back to Jaime's question, I have these clamps that I use to paint frames and sub assemblies that I picked up from a tool vendor at a show. I held the chassis by the driveshaft to paint it. I felt it would be easier to touch up at that point.

Raymo

To start with the detail painting, I painted the bumper and the headlight bezels with Brite Silver. I also painted the tail light lens.

Raymo

I painted the rubber part of the tires with some Grimy Black. I also painted the hub caps with the silver. I also painted the radiator and fuel cap at the same time

Raymo

I chose maroon craft paint for a license plate color and dry brushed white over the numbers. I also painted the tail light Tamiya Red Clear

S&S RR

Amazing detail, my friend. I'm really enjoying this thread.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Time to detail out the cab interior. I painted the seat cushions Vallejo German Camo Med. Brown. I also was able to paint the steering wheel black and painted the gauge cluster silver on the dash.

Raymo

The lower seat was painted as well

Raymo

I attached the headlight lens to the buckets with some gallery glass.

Raymo

I also attached the front wheels

Raymo

Then the rear wheels

Raymo

While that set up, I installed the floor to the cab

Raymo

Raymo

jerryrbeach

Dan,

First, I had never thought of using tube cement to hold the parts while applying the liquid.  I will definitely be trying that.  I like the way you build in subassemblies that allow for things like interior painting after (partial) assembly.  I'm not sure how this will translate to assembling a Mack or Packard truck but it should work great when I build a Model T truck. 

As usual, flawless work.  Anyone that has attempted a Jordan understands just how tiny the parts are and the precision required to have an exact fit and paint separation that stands up to enlarged photos.  Thanks for the great step by step.  You have once again raised the bar.
Jerry