The Modeler's Forum

The Mainline => Baggage Car - Daily Chat => Topic started by: Zephyrus52246 on September 28, 2026, 09:04:01 AM

Title: Monday, September 28, 2026
Post by: Zephyrus52246 on September 28, 2026, 09:04:01 AM
Morning all,

Headed to 74 degrees here and no rain for the next two days!  I'll mow the lawn later after it dries out some.  It was still very wet last night when we let the dog out at 2100.  

I think I have the layout issue solved, so some construction on that and continuing the slow land forms will be on the agenda.  

Jeff
Title: Re: Monday, September 28, 2026
Post by: deemery on September 28, 2026, 12:05:22 PM
Still light rain for the rest of the day.  The storm lasted as long as they predicted, but we got nowhere near the amount of rain predicted.  

Today's unplanned event is figuring out why the dehumidifier dumped water on the floor rather than down the drain line.   :P

dave
Title: Re: Monday, September 28, 2026
Post by: ReadingBob on September 28, 2026, 12:40:11 PM
Afternoon all,

Morning chores are done. The afternoon is mine so I'll be hitting the workbench shortly. 

A little nostalgic today. It used to be, around this time of the year, I'd be anxiously waiting for the delivery of Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman to see if they had the ad in them for the newest Fine Scale Miniatures kit. 

Have a great one! 
Title: Re: Monday, September 28, 2026
Post by: GPdemayo on September 28, 2026, 02:39:28 PM
Afternoon all.....
Title: Re: Monday, September 28, 2026
Post by: deemery on September 28, 2026, 03:44:17 PM
Quote from: deemery on September 28, 2026, 12:05:22 PMStill light rain for the rest of the day.  The storm lasted as long as they predicted, but we got nowhere near the amount of rain predicted. 

Today's unplanned event is figuring out why the dehumidifier dumped water on the floor rather than down the drain line.  :P

dave
Well, I figured out the dehumidifier problem.  The old unit was tall and the output port was high up on the unit.  The drain line has to pass over a rise before it gets to the drain.  The new unit has its drain port much lower, and you guessed it, the rise was higher than the drain port.  So now that dehumidifier sits up on stilts and seems to be draining properly.  I have the drain hose sitting in a shallow dish, so I can track that dish is actually getting filled (and overflows into the drain.) 

dave