The Modeler's Forum

The Mainline => Baggage Car - Daily Chat => Topic started by: Zephyrus52246 on October 01, 2026, 08:21:23 AM

Title: Thursday, October 1, 2026
Post by: Zephyrus52246 on October 01, 2026, 08:21:23 AM
Morning all,

October is here!  Time for pumpkin spice everything.   Pumpkin spice trains?  

It's raining still and chances the rest of the day.  We're then supposed to be dry for a week.  

The MRI showed a meniscus tear, which is what I told the PA when I was originally seen in July.  >:(  Hopefully ortho calls today to see what the next steps are. 

We've been having refrigerator issues for a month or so, leaves puddles on the floor--no it's not the dog.   :)
I was surprised when they told me it was 13 years old.  The Dept of Energy notes the average life span for a frig is 12 years.  I spent the morning looking for new ones, but the repair was simple and only a couple hundred $$$.

Jeff
Title: Re: Thursday, October 1, 2026
Post by: ReadingBob on October 01, 2026, 08:36:12 AM
Morning all,

Best of luck to you getting that knee back in shape, Jeff. 

Not much on the agenda today so hopefully I'll get some workbench time in this afternoon. 

Have a great one! 
Title: Re: Thursday, October 1, 2026
Post by: GPdemayo on October 01, 2026, 09:02:58 AM
Morning all.....
Title: Re: Thursday, October 1, 2026
Post by: KentuckySouthern on October 01, 2026, 09:15:19 AM
Grey and wet continues in MI.  Eye Doc at 12:30 will gut the day.  Bench time later?

Stay well all.  Jeff, have a "told you so" moment did you?
Title: Re: Thursday, October 1, 2026
Post by: deemery on October 01, 2026, 09:44:34 AM
Based on my wife's experiences with specialists, particularly G-I docs, if they can't immediately find the problem, they write you off "come back in 6 months."  Sigh...

The sun is out, haven't seen that in a week or so.  But it'll be warm the next couple of days.  Saturday looks really nice, though (for Scotch Club in the evening.)

dave