Morning all,
I'm spending the day with Pam. She wants to go the huge Antique Center in Mt. Dora. While she walks around, I'll spend time at the coin dealer looking for old US currency.,
It has rained here for six straight days. I wonder if I should build an ark and not more models. ;D ;D
I think I'll rent out my front yard for hunting to the locals as it is tall enough to hide a cat, even if it is a small one. NO, I'm not saying cats need to be hunted. Just an expression.
Have a safe, dry and happy day everyone.
Tom
We had a nice week last week, with the good weather staying through Sunday afternoon. 50 right now, started at 41 and headed to 60. Sunny. There was prediction of aurora last night, I went out early and got a nice night photo with my new phone, but no aurora. I might try again tonight, apparently it's a set of 4 flares.
Anyway, down to the train room, but first some time on the exercise machine. After yesterday's PT, the hip feels pretty good.
dave
Morning all,
Sunny and headed to 86 later. I did get the lawn mowed yesterday so no animals can hide in it.
Stayed up past midnight to watch the Hawkeyes beat Washington, so I'm still a bit tired.
Not sure what's on today's agenda.
Jeff
Morning all,
My grass, like Tom's, is really tall as I haven't been able to mow it due to the weather. Oh well.
Got a few things to do this morning but I hope to dig into the next build this afternoon. Had a false start the other day when my camera wouldn't work. That issue has been resolved.
Have a great one!
8) Sun and great Fall weather in the Michigan Mitten today. Great day for all things autumnal.
When, if, you get the night with Aurora, Dave, the iPhone will impress on the photos you can take/make with it. Mine is a 15 the newest iteration I'm sure will amaze.
Up WAY too late, the Doll put a frozen bread dough out to rise way too late, ended up headed to sleep at 0200 to the delightful scent of freshly baked bread.
IMG_4265.jpeg
Enjoy the day all. Decent seats for the Spartan Homecoming game were available last night online for $35.
Be well all. ;D
Good Morning From Central Florida;
Things have been 'off' for me so I have not been on the Forum as much as I like but I am back. We too have a lot of rain but not as much as Tom had. Last few days were more like up north, gray and off and on rain all day. Today the sun is out and the heat (oh well). I will be working on a structure today, hope to get the electric on it done today.
And of course hope to watch some football. Have a great day!
Jim
Morning all.....
Afternoon all. Coming to you from Northern Command. Getting ready to close up for the year. Will have to make one more trip after this weekend to put antifreeze in the sink and toilet traps and blow the water lines out. Then it's shut of the power and audios until next end of April or early May.
I'll have a present I ordered for me waiting when I get home on Monday. I checked tracking and it was delivered today. It's a new CNC machine. Now I have to figure out how to explain it to the wife.
Bernd
Good afternoon! I stopped in to see what you are up too. Great to see Tom posting again. My grass got cut this week so I'm heading to my workbench. Beautiful fall weather here, lots of reds and yellows in the trees. Fall leave mulching will soon be here.
Quote from: Bernd on Today at 02:23:24 PM...I checked tracking and it was delivered today. It's a new CNC machine. Now I have to figure out how to explain it to the wife.
Bernd
It followed me home?
Or It was on sale!
dave
Quote from: deemery on Today at 03:28:17 PMQuote from: Bernd on Today at 02:23:24 PM...I checked tracking and it was delivered today. It's a new CNC machine. Now I have to figure out how to explain it to the wife.
Bernd
It followed me home?
Or It was on sale!
dave
It was on sale, but I don't care about sales. If I want it and have the cash, I bye it.
If you're interested in what it looks like and how it works then follow these two links.
https://www.makera.com/products/carvera-air (https://www.makera.com/products/carvera-air)
Here's a video where a U-tuber shows what it can do.
Bernd
Bernd, I hope you do a thread on this new machine. You made a strong case for CNC when I was looking at the laser. (For me, the fact that I had existing laser design experience made the learning curve for a laser much less daunting than for CNC. You don't have that "handicap" :-) )
dave
Interesting machine.
Quote from: deemery on Today at 07:21:21 PMBernd, I hope you do a thread on this new machine. You made a strong case for CNC when I was looking at the laser. (For me, the fact that I had existing laser design experience made the learning curve for a laser much less daunting than for CNC. You don't have that "handicap" :-) )
dave
Here you go Dave and others interested in this type of making parts for yourself. I've started a thread.
https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=7800.0 (https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=7800.0)
Quote from: KentuckySouthern on Today at 08:02:49 PMInteresting machine.
Check out the thread I started.
https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=7800.0 (https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=7800.0)
Bernd