Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ReadingBob

#1
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Monday, October 5, 2026
October 05, 2026, 12:16:57 PM
Afternoon all, 

Was more productive than usual at the workbench yesterday. Hoping for more of the same this afternoon. I'm motivated to wrap up the current build so I can get started on the one waiting in the wings.  ;)

Have a great one!
#2
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Sunday, October 4, 2026
October 04, 2026, 11:52:46 AM
Morning all, 

Supposed to rain here this afternoon so I think I'll spend the afternoon at the workbench. Heck, think I'll do that even if it doesn't rain. ;)

Have a great one! 
#3
Morning all,

Cloudy, slightly rainy, with a high of 89 expected today.

Need to work on the little FOS freebie today. A few sessions away from wrapping that one up and then I can move on to a bigger kit.

Have a great one!
#4
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Friday, October 2, 2026
October 02, 2026, 02:03:47 PM
Afternoon all,

Had a nice lunch with Terry (Vietnam Seabee) today and picked up my next project.  New build thread coming soon. Or, perhaps 'soonish would be a better way to phrase that.

Have a great one! 
#5
Morning all,

Best of luck to you getting that knee back in shape, Jeff. 

Not much on the agenda today so hopefully I'll get some workbench time in this afternoon. 

Have a great one! 
#6
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Tuesday, September 29, 2026
September 29, 2026, 05:03:53 PM
Afternoon all,

Continued progress on the little FOS freebie today. 

The Phillies lost. Not holding too much hope that they'll take 2 in a row from the Braves.  :(

Have a great one!
#7
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Monday, September 28, 2026
September 28, 2026, 12:40:11 PM
Afternoon all,

Morning chores are done. The afternoon is mine so I'll be hitting the workbench shortly. 

A little nostalgic today. It used to be, around this time of the year, I'd be anxiously waiting for the delivery of Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman to see if they had the ad in them for the newest Fine Scale Miniatures kit. 

Have a great one! 
#8
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Sunday, September 27, 2026
September 27, 2026, 10:57:36 AM
Morning all,

The weather here took a really nice turn lately. Lower humidity and temperatures. Sunny with a high of 84 expected today. The downside is the pollen counts are high so it's tough on those affected by that. My eyes were burning when I got this morning.

Back at the workbench this afternoon. I'm working on a small FOS freebie, the Roast Beef stand.

Maybe good weather, and Dave, will inspire me to do some cleanup of my workbenches in the garage this week. It's sorely needed.

Have a great one!
#9
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Saturday September 26,2026
September 26, 2026, 08:15:02 AM
Good morning, 

Best of luck to all our friends (and everyone else) in the path of the Worcester.

I have a busy day today. Not sure if I can squeeze in some workbench time.  :(

Have a great one!
#10
Layout Tours / Re: KentuckySouthernRailway...
September 25, 2026, 05:26:30 PM
Impressive work on those decals!
#11
Afternoon all,

I did some hedge trimming and clean up yesterday. Took a toll on my back but it's feeling better now. Think I'll reward myself with  a little workbench time now.

Have a great one!
#12
Afternoon all,

5 minutes at the workbench today. So far. Maybe I'll get something done this evening. 

Johnny Diner looks great, Tom. 

Have a great one!
#13
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Tuesday September 22, 2026
September 22, 2026, 02:47:28 PM
Afternoon all,

Finally finished phase 1 of painting little people. Once the paint has cured I'll hit them with a flat finish. Once that's set I'll give them a wash of thinned black oil paint. Now back to a small kit.

Have a great one! 
#14
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Monday September 21, 2026
September 21, 2026, 01:18:28 PM
Afternoon all,

Love the pictures (as always) today.  ;D

Just got back from lunch with former work colleagues. Now it's time to sit down at the workbench. 

Have a great one!
#15
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Sunday September 20, 2026
September 20, 2026, 08:48:18 AM
Good morning,

Not too much going on down here. It's pleasant outside, at the moment, but that probably won't last too much longer.

I'm still working on some small stuff at the workbench. My next build thread won't start until I get together with Terry (Vietnam Seebee) and pick up an O Scale that's currently in his possession.

Have a great one!

Powered by EzPortal