Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Happy Anniversary Frank!  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

donatode

Yes indeed .... Happy Anniversary Frank and the Person that lets him play in the train room all day without interruption.

Erieman

Thanks to everyone for their Anniversary Wishes. It was a special day. Today, after a few house projects, I have been back in the train room working on my concept of RAYMO'S auto salvage. The more time I get to work on this portion of the project, the more things I come up with to add into this small portion of the scene. So-o-o, I made a sketch of my idea. I found that I have a 'Little Hook" sitting on "to do" shelf. Adding that to the auto Salvage yard only adds more interest to the scene. I recall while in grade school, there was a salvage yard across the street behind some houses. While we could not go into the yard, we could certainly see and hear it. There was a perfect view from the elevated railroad tracks at the back of the facility. AHHH Memories.

So as you can see in the sketch, I have an office for Raymo, a billboard, several car and truck bodies, tires and other miscellaneous car and truck parts. Even "Little Hook" will have a name on the door! "DAN". Now I just have to get a lot of car and truck bodies, frames, etc... for the scene. Painting and weathering will top the whole area. Hope you enjoy the idea.

Frank / Erieman

Raymo

Thanks Frank, It has a nice"homey" feel to it. ;D

Erieman

Quote from: Raymo on December 30, 2015, 09:13:17 PM

Dan,

Glad you like the idea. I am working on the fencing now. I have also been going thru my Sylvan vehicles and a bunch of other vehicles that will be in the scrap yard along with lots of parts from other models. I sent an email to Clare to see if he has any short pours that he might sell me. He must be on holiday because there is no answer. six to eight "Shorts" would be great. I will continue on the fencing and basic ground cover until I hear from Clare. I have also started the "Little Hook". Probably a couple of weeks to get this area done, but it should be sweet.

Happy New Year to you.

Frank / Erieman 

ACL1504

Frank,

Raymo's Auto Salvage is going to look really great. The drawing really brings it to life.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND PHYLLIS!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 31, 2015, 04:02:30 PM
Frank,

Raymo's Auto Salvage is going to look really great. The drawing really brings it to life.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND PHYLLIS!

Tom ;D

Good Afternoon Tom,

Glad you like the sketch. As you know, I use my sketching abilities to visualize my thoughts. Currently installing the fencing, slowly but surely and it is looking good. Lots of  hills to contour to the fencing. Next will be the ground cover / "Little Hook". I have many cars and trucks on my bench for potential inclusion in the junkyard. Can't wait to finish this build. In the meantime, it' New Year's Eve. Pizza, a movie in our theatre with friends and and quite evening.

Happy New Year to You and Pam. Talk to you in the new year.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Frank

I love the concept sketch- this we'll be a great scene.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

coors2u

Frank you sir are a fine artist and a pretty darn good scratch builder as well.
Dustin

donatode

Quote from: coors2u on December 31, 2015, 10:17:42 PM
....and don't forget .... a hell of a nice guy!!!!

Erieman

Quote from: Raymo on December 30, 2015, 09:13:17 PM

Dan,

Happy New Year,

Started the day with breakfast with some old friends and then we all went to see the latest "Star Wars" movie. What a good way to start the year. Now I am in the train room working on the Chain Link Fence. About 1/2 way done. Next up will be all the scenery in and out of the fence. I'll take a picture then to give you a feel of what it will really look like.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on December 31, 2015, 09:03:29 PM
Frank

I love the concept sketch- this we'll be a great scene.

Happy New Year John,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like the sketch. It gave me a good idea of what I want to achieve and it only took me a few minutes to do. I'll post a pic of the current status in the next day or two.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Dustin,

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you are enjoying the build. I have been drawing before I started playing with trains, and that was a very long time ago. Sketching is sort of like riding a bike, once you learn, you don't forget. With scratch building, you are constantly learning. More real soon.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: Donato on January 01, 2016, 12:56:50 PM
....and don't forget .... a hell of a nice guy!!!!

Donato,

Happy New Year. Thank you for your kind words. Now if I can only get my "Swelled" head into the train room and finish the build, everyone will be happy. I just love the hobby and all the folks on this forum. Have a wonderful year, my friend.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Good Evening,

Here is a quick picture of the chain link fence and gates. This is about half complete. The grey primer is too dark and will be sprayed with a lighter grey primer, then weathered before installation.

Frank / Erieman