MORRISTOWN & ERIE RAILROAD - WESTERN DIVISION

Started by Erieman, December 28, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

Nice job with the pictures. I was lucky enough to visit Frank's lovely home as well and it's quite a layout!

John

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on March 12, 2014, 12:21:15 AM
Will do Frank - looks like we are going to get 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow so it may take a few days.
Next year I'm driving to AZ so I can time my return better.  Like May 8)

I cannot believe your weather! Just when you think Spring is here, what do you get but more snow. The next thing you'll be taking about is the size of the bugs! Driving for sure is the answer. By May it gets a little hot, so you just have to decide when it happens. Looking forward to your inside pictures, though you can't beat seeing it in person. Have a great week.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: Cuse on March 12, 2014, 06:42:52 AM
Nice job with the pictures. I was lucky enough to visit Frank's lovely home as well and it's quite a layout!

John

Good morning John,

Thank you for your comments. I was glad that you guys had a chance to stop by and visit while you were in Arizona. Bought myself one of those mini HD 1080P camera and have been experimenting with it on the layout. I can say that the camera picks up a lot that the eye does not see. This might not be a good thing!
enjoy your week.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Here are a couple more photos of two of my structures for the popular vote contest on Saturday. hese are now done or as done as they are going to get. I need to get back some serious models, like the station for Chester. some more Grout streets, a new control panel, etc... the list goes on and on. sound familiar? have a great day.

Frank / Erieman

bparrish

Frank..

Great diner.......... you got my vote....

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

As requested, here are a few more photographs from my visit to the Morristown & Erie RR. Take a look at how many railings Frank made on this structure!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

S&S RR

I spent most of my time taking pictures of all the great structures.  I was in walk around mode without a tripod so I hope the pictures do justice to Frank's work. My tripod - another reason I'm driving back to AZ next time.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Another six pack of pictures!  I like to take pictures of work in process.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I hope you really like pictures - I took a few!
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Taking pictures of layouts is like taking pictures of the Grand Canyon, you just have to see it in person to really see it.  Frank, thanks again for the great visit.
John Siekirk

bparrish

John...

Who is the railroad that you showed here at the top with the elevated rail line.  I grew up on the west side of Chicago and "lived" on the Lake Street line; now the Green line.

I modeled a scaffolded section of trolley line on friend's railroad to get a trolley line over a very large freight yard.  It was a lot of fun to build.

see ya
Bob

S&S RR

Quote from: bparrish on March 13, 2014, 02:01:02 PM
John...

Who is the railroad that you showed here at the top with the elevated rail line.  I grew up on the west side of Chicago and "lived" on the Lake Street line; now the Green line.

I modeled a scaffolded section of trolley line on friend's railroad to get a trolley line over a very large freight yard.  It was a lot of fun to build.

see ya
Bob

Bob

All of these pictures are of Frank's Morristown & Erie Railroad - Western Division.  I visited Frank a couple of weeks ago and he asked me to post a few pictures from my visit.
John Siekirk

Erieman

Quote from: bparrish on March 13, 2014, 02:01:02 PM
John...

see ya
Bob

Bob,

Just a quick note following up on John's comments. In business, I spent a lot of time traveling around the country. Some of these places are reflected in the design of my layout. You are correct about Chicago. Since my layout is freelance, you will find a little bit of Chicago, Pittsburgh, the Pacific Northwest and a few other areas that I liked. The names of all the towns on the layout are from New Jersey where I grew up. Thanks for watching.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

While I was visiting Frank he was showing off his new toy - a miniature HD camera. We ran it around every layout we visited and took some great video of the layouts. Wish we could post some here! The camera was $100 and the quality of the pictures was amazing.  My layout is not ready for this type of photograph but I'm going to buy one of the cameras to help with track testing. The slightest imperfection in the track shows up in the picture.  Frank asked me to post a few still pictures of the camera in action.

John Siekirk