EXPO Layout

Started by robertseckler, September 12, 2015, 09:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertseckler

All,
Please note I have confirmed Marshall Sommers RR will be on EXPO layout tours his year.
It has been featured in MR in 2010 and FOS made  DVD on it
A must see layout.
Also working with some members for tours north of show.
As you all know we had no layouts last year due to no good ones in area.
This year I am going to try and get a least 6-8.
If any member knows of any or has one they would like to open for EXPO please contact me.
Thanks

Zephyrus52246

Robert, it would be nice to know what days these layouts would be on the tour for travel planning purposes.  Thanks for setting these up.  Also what days the FSM would be open.  Will there be shuttles like the last time?

Jeff

S&S RR

Quote from: robertseckler on September 12, 2015, 09:08:27 AM
All,
Please note I have confirmed Marshall Sommers RR will be on EXPO layout tours his year.
It has been featured in MR in 2010 and FOS made  DVD on it
A must see layout.
Also working with some members for tours north of show.
As you all know we had no layouts last year due to no good ones in area.
This year I am going to try and get a least 6-8.
If any member knows of any or has one they would like to open for EXPO please contact me.
Thanks

Great news Robert!  Looking forward to hearing more details.

Thanks for setting this up.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

robertseckler

Jeff
Marshall (10-4) and all other layouts will be on Sunday
Will post all deyss on web when we have

FSM will be open during show with shuttle service will be available
We are still working on dails of time and such

NEMMRRC

S&S RR

For those that are looking forward to visiting the F&SM at the EXPO - I talked to George Sellios yesterday and he's working on the railroad again!  For those that have visited before - the long curtain that greeted you at the top of the stairs and you followed it through the hall way until you turned the corner and there was Franklin. Well George tells me it's gone.  Replaced with new section of the layout. George told me to let everyone know that he is working hard to finish this area for our visit in March! 

One more comment for John - we call him CUSE - I think your going to like what George is doing in this area.  Just sayin!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Oh great...I hope it won't lead me to rip up my layout again! I'm easily inspired and quick to act on it.

I'll book it this weekend  :)

John

ACL1504

I guess I'll have to schedule my EXPO visit around the Boston area and not Scranton and Strasburg. :'( :'(
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com