Working on the new harbor on NE&NCRR

Started by ollevon, November 12, 2015, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollevon

Hi all, Just  getting started on the new harbor which will be connected to my Snug Harbor diorama. This new section will not be a diorama,  I'm going to build it in place on the layout.
All my progress pictures will be posted on this thread.

Much to be done.
  Sam

Raymo

ollevon

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Sam

It looks like a great project! I'm looking forward to following your progress.  We all need to stop by - you are doing some great modeling.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ollevon

Thanks John,  I'm not sure if Robert is going to ask me if I wanted to be on the tour Sunday after the Expo or not, but you are very welcome to stop by along with anybody else. I only live 30 to 35 minutes for the Expo.
  Sam

donatode

Sam that is some beautiful work .... I'll be sure to keep tuning in.

robertseckler

Sam,
Absolutely if you want to be on expo tour
I didn't know you wer that close.
Send me a email with all info or call me at 845-392-6398
Thanks

ollevon

Robert,  I sent you a PM   check your messages
  Thanks
  Sam

ollevon

Good evening  All,
      I didn't get much done on the layout today.  I only added some ground foam around the road.  Next I'll be adding some shrubs and grass and some bushes.

I hope to get more done tomorrow, before the Pats game.
   Have a great rest of the weekend.

Sam

John B

Great looking addition.  I don't readily recognize the ship in the photos. Could you tell me more about it.  Thanks

ACL1504

Sam,

The new addition is looking great. I'm enjoying the progress.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ollevon

Thank you everyone for all the kind words.  I think I have to start building some docks for around the harbor. While I'm waiting for some
northeast scale lumber,, I'll be doing a little more landscaping.

John, thanks for asking,  those boats you see  are New England fishing  trawlers. They were mostly seen in Boston, New Bedford, and Gloucester, Mass, and along the
Maine coast.  From the late 40's  to the 90's, and there are still a few around today. They are called Eastern Rig trawlers.  What is mostly used today are Western rig trawlers which is much like a shrimp boat.
Hope this helps
  Sam

ollevon

Good morning all,
   Not to much to post this morning, but I did manage to get my seawall in, and weathered.  My order from Northeast Scale Lumber came in, so now I can start building the docks.

This will be it for a few days, hopefully I can get  one or two docks built this weekend.
Till next time :
  Have a great day
  Sam