Started by robertseckler, January 01, 2016, 08:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 21, 2016, 09:37:48 AM
Quote from: Erieman on February 20, 2016, 03:46:59 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on February 20, 2016, 07:55:53 AM
Looking forward to seeing Erieman.

Tom ;D

Ditto, Looking forward to seeing you again my friend and meeting SBG Bob. Talk to you prior to the trip.

Frank / Erieman

It'll be great to meet you too Frank.  I'm really looking forward to it.   :)   

Should be a great time meeting everyone. Now if I can only get rid of this cold, I'd be ready. See you guys soon.

Frank / Erieman

jbvb

Everything Mike Engler said about transportation to the Expo looks fine to this local.  It's a slog getting from Logan (Boston) to North Station and the nearest commuter rail station to the Expo hotel is North Beverly, about 7 miles away. I expect die-hard rail-users would have an easier time finding a cab at Salem or Beverly, though.

I need to take a drive down the shore the weekend before the Expo, so I can tell Dave which fried clam joints are open that early in the season.

With a little advance warning, I could help out with transportation Wed. or Thu., but not Sunday, as I need to be at the Hub's Spring Training mini-convention in Waltham MA.
James

Timbob60

Beware! Beware! Beware! On Monday, I called the hotel to book a room. After giving the "special rate" code to the booker, was booked and given the "special" rate of $199 for Thursday and $219 for Friday and Saturday. Total after taxes for three nights $711. Jay-Zuz. Curious, I checked priceline and found the rate to be $478 total. Yeah, but the reserved rooms are "executive" rooms. Uh-huh. OK, checked priceline price for "executive" rooms, $539 total. Same hotel, same room, same days, a LOT different price. Buyer (booker) beware! To those who have already booked and got a lower price, peace be with you.

Geo2rge aka timbob60

ACL1504

Quote from: Timbob60 on February 25, 2016, 11:30:56 AM
Beware! Beware! Beware! On Monday, I called the hotel to book a room. After giving the "special rate" code to the booker, was booked and given the "special" rate of $199 for Thursday and $219 for Friday and Saturday. Total after taxes for three nights $711. Jay-Zuz. Curious, I checked priceline and found the rate to be $478 total. Yeah, but the reserved rooms are "executive" rooms. Uh-huh. OK, checked priceline price for "executive" rooms, $539 total. Same hotel, same room, same days, a LOT different price. Buyer (booker) beware! To those who have already booked and got a lower price, peace be with you.

Geo2rge aka timbob60

Call Cezene at 1-978-750-7974. I had the same problem at the $219.00 but called her and got the $133.00 rate.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Timbob60

Thanks Tom!  Called the # & person above and she apologetically changed the rate to the $133 one. MUCH better!

Geo2rge aka timbob60

ACL1504

Always happy to help. This is why we love this forum.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mike Engler

Nice pick-up Tom. I feel sorry for people that were planning to go to the Expo that are not on the Forum, as they woudn't know to call Cezene at the hotel and may have been discouraged from attending. Her name and number should maybe be on the web page.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Mike Engler on February 28, 2016, 05:18:09 AM
Nice pick-up Tom. I feel sorry for people that were planning to go to the Expo that are not on the Forum, as they woudn't know to call Cezene at the hotel and may have been discouraged from attending. Her name and number should maybe be on the web page.

I agree Mike. I wonder how many paid the $219.00 after being told there were no more rooms? :'(

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Vilius

Thanks, Tom. I got it too. The reason for the high price is that there are no rooms left in the block. Perhaps I shouldn't have dragged my behind so long... I was wondering. If the block is sold out couldn't the organizers negotiate few more rooms?

Vilius

Erieman

I would highly recommend that anyone that has paid the higher rate contact Cezene at the hotel (978)  750-7974. The hotel rate was a negotiated rate. Another possibility, if you have not yet booked, is going thru Priceline or one of the other hotel discount companies and check their rates. Good Luck and see you all there.

Frank / Erieman

robertseckler

All,

We have opened more rooms @ expo rate

As Frank stated contact Cezene

Sorry for any confusion

Thanks

S&S RR

Quote from: robertseckler on March 02, 2016, 12:06:20 PM
All,

We have opened more rooms @ expo rate

As Frank stated contact Cezene