Lime Company Mine

Started by Erieman, January 11, 2016, 10:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

Quote from: DACS on February 27, 2016, 02:14:18 PM
Beautiful structure.  Well planned and placed.
For all that lime being produced here, do you have or will there be a cement plant in the present or future?
If not, there must be lot outhouses around the countryside!   8)

Dave
Seattle

Good Afternoon Dave,
Thank you for stopping by this thread. First of all, the kit is names "The Lime Company", so it is name only. I am using is as a mine for a steel mill complex that I have started. The do use lime in the steel making process, but this is a bot overboard. As you will see in future photos, the minerals being mined are more red ore like. Part of my layout will be reminiscent on Pittsburgh, with a large steel mill complex. I just liked this structure. It probably should be in the KIT category, but a box of sticks, a brief description is scratch to me. I have also made a lot of changes from the original kit design to fit my location better.

Thank you for stopping by. If you want to see more of my layout, here is the thread: http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0 Enjoy the pics and come back often.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Donato and Jerry,

Thank you for your kind words. There is still a lot to go on this structure and its scenery. I figure another month, at least. So-o-o, stay tuned.

Frank / Erieman

DACS

Ah, i see.
Yes, they use lime in steelmaking.  I did not apparently read, that it is a kit.
It is still a great looking piece of the craftmans ability.

Dave
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

DACS

And I meant no offense with "outhouse" insert.
I will visit your thread. The name for some reason, just brought memories of my youth on the farm, back into the light.

Dave
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

Erieman

Dave,

No problem with the outhouse. always good to see someone with a sense of humor. Potty Humor, I meant.

Have a great weekend. Let me know when you have browsed thru my layout thread.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Good Afternoon everyone,

Been doing some house work. yard work and now trains. I have been building several (7) living quarters to surround a portion of the mine. Still needs steps ans a chimney, but I decided to drill some holes in the scenery to see the overall. I had a real bad time with the metal roofing on all the mine structures. i just could not find an adhesive to keep the roof down. Then, while looking thru my material bin, I found what I needed. Last year, while in Houston, I visited a hobby shop that I had never been to before. It turned out to be G&G Hobbies, Gus and Gil Freitag. While browsing around the store, i came across a metal roofing material made from paper. It was cheap and fairly large. I purchased a couple of these sheets. Well, a year later and I re-discovered them and after a little experimentation, found that they are just what I needed. The roof on the small houses is corrugated metal, but the roofing on the mine is the paper product. Easy to paint, cut, weather, etc... I'm liking it.
Here are a couple of pictures of the mine / living quarters. Lots of scenery to go, but I like what is there. lots of scenery still to go, but that is a couple more pages. SOON, I hope. 

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Frank,

The mine in looking good.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

donatode

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 20, 2016, 05:27:06 PM
Frank,

The mine in looking good.

Tom ;D

If you're counting kudos, please count mine also.