Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Great scene Steve..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

sdrees

I appreciate all the nice comments.  When I was looking for ideas for my scenery, I did a lot of searching on the internet and pictures of old time logging and old mills always had a lot of the debris left on the slopes along with a odd snag tree still standing.  Around the mills also had a lot of debris that was pushed aside and haphazard roads and always seemed to be very dusty.  So I am trying to recreate this in my layout.

John, what is Hangman Creek?

So in the near future, I will be adding more structure to the area that I have already built, details, clutter etc.
Steve Drees
SP RR

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Looks just gorgeous. Great scenery and structures. Also love the background scenery.

Karl

Jerry

Steve just about half way through reading about your adventure.
I'll finish up later.

But from what I see your doing a wonderful job with this rr.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Mark Dalrymple

Looking spectacular, Steve!

Lots of really cool details are bringing things to life, and I think the backdrop is just great.

Cheers, Mark.

jbvb

I love the scenery and detail.  But I hope the vertical curve at the top of the grade to the log unloading area works well with your equipment.
James

sdrees

Thanks James, Mark and Jerry, the grade looks worse in the picture and that is why the logging companies used geared locomotives.
Steve Drees
SP RR

sdrees

Here are some pictures of how the diorama how it is incorporated into the layout.
Steve Drees
SP RR

PRR Modeler

As I said before beautiful modeling, but I really like  the backdrop.  It really makes it feel like you're high up in the mountains.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Dennis Bourey

I agree with Curt. Beautiful job.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Erieman

Steve,

Awesome Backdrop. Really captures the imagination. And your not done yet. Simply beautiful.

Frank / Erieman

SteveCuster

Looks really great Steve!
Steve Custer

Zephyrus52246

Great scene. 

Jeff

sdrees

Thanks everyone for stopping by and your encouraging comments.  This part of the backdrop was painted by a Cuban political refugee who paints murals in Arizona.  He did this mural in 4 hours.
Steve Drees
SP RR

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Wow!!! really cool. I think that is one of the kits I built for my buddies RR.

Karl