SP RR

Started by sdrees, January 30, 2016, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Those buildings look great, Steve.  I'd suggest trying mounting the antenna under the fixture height.  About 7 feet should be good.  Just stick it on a 2 x 4 in the center of the layout to see if it works.  Antenna mounting used to be a big issue with the "old" radio system.   With the newest one, it's not "supposed" to be an issue.   But we know how that works.   :D

Jeff

sdrees

Jeff,

Thanks for your help on this.  Your help is very appreciated.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Steve,

I'm just getting caught up on the thread. Fantastic job on the layout and the structures are beautiful.

If you have to drink Coke, then let it be so! :'( :'( :'(

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

sdrees

Thanks for stopping by Tom.  It is my wife who drinks the diet coke. I may have just one per day at lunch.  She has the feelings about Pepsi that you have about Coke.
Steve Drees
SP RR

sdrees

This is the full size drawing of the sawmill area I started out with the other day.

this is the bench work to support the sawmill area.

This is the sheet of plywood that I cut out from the full size drawing where the dioramas go.

This is a picture of the dioramas in place.

Another picture of the dioramas in place.  The circular cut out in the lower part of the picture is where a turntable is going.

Steve Drees
SP RR

Janbouli

Wow , that looks like a very solid base , great to see how you put it together.
I love photo's, don't we all.

sdrees

I am glad you liked it Jan.  Hope it helps you sometime in the future.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Erieman

Awesome Job on the layout Steve. Progress is looking wonderful. Looking forward to seeing it in November after the meet. Like the plywood cutouts with the module inserts. Great idea. Keep posting because we love pics.

Frank / Erieman

sdrees

Thanks Frank.  I have a problem with the sawmill.  I don't have enough clearance underneath for a train to pass.  the base of the diorama is made up of 1/2" gatorboard and 1" to 1-1/2" of pink foam.  As it is, I had to raise the area 1".  Cannot go any higher due to grades.  Oh well, something to fuss about.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Steve,

Wonderful looking structures on the wonderful looking layout. It is coming together very well. Thanks for sure for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

sdrees

Thanks Tom.  I hope it looks as well as yours when I get the scenery in place.
Steve Drees
SP RR

postalkarl

HI Steve:

That should be a really cool section of the layout when its finsihed. Very nice dioramas. I really like the one on the bottom right. Who's kit is that? Anyway keep the great photos coming.

Thanks for sharing.

Karl

sdrees

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the compliment.  The 3 diorama's at the bottom of the page are Sierra West Scale models and the sawmill at the top of the page is scratch built.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on August 07, 2016, 11:27:46 PM
Thanks Tom.  I hope it looks as well as yours when I get the scenery in place.

Steve,

With the scenery I see on your dioramas, you have no worries.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ger deguelle