Roadside Delights FSM Kit #270 Diorama

Started by postalkarl, February 23, 2016, 02:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Looking good Karl!  How many FSM kits do you think you have built? Have you kept track?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi John:

Thanks for the compliment. 4 of the older FSM kits sofar. The Ice Platform, Skinners Row, Rollin Saywer And Now Roadside Delights. Plus I've built all the new kits for the past several years.

Karl

jrmueller

Looks great.  Has anyone built FSM #9 Bartholow Coal company? Bought it at a recent club train show. Can't decide whether to try and build it or sell it.  It would be my first "yellow box".  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

deemery

Because of the quality of George's instructions, it's worth building an FSM kit even if you don't have a good spot for it on your layout, just for the practice.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

Hi Jim:

Dave thanks for the excellent comment.

Dave is absolutely right. George has some of the best instructions in the business and you will learn lots of techniques from him. I learned most of what I know from George.

Build that Bartholow Coal Co.

Karl

jrmueller

Thanks for your input guys.  My wife also says to build it.  I like her attitude!  Of course it means she may have some massive quilt project lurking in the background. Thanks again Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

GPdemayo

I'll add a vote for you building it......I would definitely look in on that one, it is a good looking kit and I don't recall seeing a build on it before.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hi Jim:

Cool. Lets get on it buddy.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Greg:

Not sure but I think Mike engler built that kit.

Karl

donatode

ReadingBob

Quote from: postalkarl on March 01, 2016, 09:29:00 AM
Hi Greg:

Not sure but I think Mike engler built that kit.

Karl

That's my recollection as well.  I think he shared that on the old forum.  Very nicely done too.

By the way Jim.  I'll cast a late ballot for you building it as well.  As Karl said, George's instructions are some of the best out there.  In my opinion they are the best I've ever dealt with but I haven't built kits from all of the manufacturers.  Just take your time and enjoy the build.  You'll learn a lot and have fun doing it.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Quote from: jrmueller on February 29, 2016, 11:29:24 AM
Looks great.  Has anyone built FSM #9 Bartholow Coal company? Bought it at a recent club train show. Can't decide whether to try and build it or sell it.  It would be my first "yellow box".  Jim

Jim

I'm not sure that I get a vote - but  I would recommend you build a yellow box kit.  If you have any questions along the way you sure have lots of experience to draw on here on the forum. And if we get into trouble we will call George.  It would be fun to see a build thread tOO.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ak-milw

postalkarl

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on March 01, 2016, 08:24:37 AM
Thanks for your input guys.  My wife also says to build it.  I like her attitude!  Of course it means she may have some massive quilt project lurking in the background. Thanks again Jim

Jim,

I have the kit so I'd like to see what you do with yours. Hard to go wrong following George's instructions.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com