Sewel's Foundry FSM Kit #225

Started by postalkarl, March 30, 2016, 08:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Thom

You better get that screw driver off the building in Dovertown before George finds it!

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

tct855

John,
          That's not to far off the mark.  A couple years ago I was working on a crossover switch with George, and left a file in the gauge of the track.  With running trains cars were uncoupling and derailing.  We couldn't figure out why, right away.  I told George I'm probably going to have to walk the track, checking for a broken rail or something.  3 trains later I saw one bounce and had my ah-ha! moment!!!
Thanx Thom...

S&S RR

Karl

Here is a little F&SM history for you and a picture of Sewall's from a Mainline Modeler article the George wrote.

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hi John:

Thanks for the Pic.  Here's some progress photos. Building B is glued to building A. Working on the main roof. Roff is on Building B. I dry-brushed the stones with light gray. Let me know if you think they look better.

Karl

ACL1504

Karl,

It's coming along nicely and the walls look better. They looked good before as well.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Glad you like and also glad the walls look a little better. Thanks.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Got A little more work done on the roof. Cupola's and dormer is on. Here's a few photos.

Karl

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Zephyrus52246

It's really coming together nicely, Karl.

Jeff

postalkarl

Hi John & Jeff:

Thanks for the compliments. Finished the roof details since my last post. Hope they look OK.

Karl

fbernard65

Karl,

Looking really good!!!

Frank

postalkarl

Hi Frank:

Thanks buddy appreciate your comment as always.

Karl

Mike Engler

Some nice building young man. I like the stone walls and your coloring. Are the walls hydrocal, resin, or wood? Probably not wood since lasers not used much when Sewall's appeared. See if you could lightly dry brush a little off-white in a small area you could easily fix if you don't like the effect.
Really sorry I only got to spend a few minutes with you at the Expo. In the old days we would have probably closed the saloon a night or two.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

postalkarl

Hi Mike:

Thanks for the post and the compliment. The walls are none of the above. They are cast metal. I will try dry-brushing with white and see how it looks OK.  Yeah sorry we didn't to spend  much tome together either. Hopefully the next time we see each other OK.

Karl