Sewel's Foundry FSM Kit #225

Started by postalkarl, March 30, 2016, 08:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom.boyd.125

Karl,
Hope when the time comes around to complete this yellow box build, ( mine is about 1/2 done ) ... your photos will help finish up my build here.
Only thing that was changed was the clapboard walls done in green instead of red so far....will follow along for the ride....Thanks for sharing !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

You are welcome. Glad to have you aboard.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Got A lot done yesterday and today. Main buildings A B And C are assembled & glued to the base. Added track, platforms and casting. Hope it look OK.

Karl

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on June 03, 2016, 08:15:41 PM
Hi All:

Got A lot done yesterday and today. Main buildings A B And C are assembled & glued to the base. Added track, platforms and casting. Hope it look OK.

Karl

Karl

It looks great. Another wonderful build.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

sdrees

Karl,

Looks better than OK.  It looks fnatatstic.
Steve Drees
SP RR

donatode

Karl....can't say it enough.... FABULOUS!!!

GPdemayo

Another great build Karl.....it's a neat kit and it looks wonderful in your scene.  8)

The only thing that bothers me about the kit is the exterior stone walls on the 2nd floor over the loading dock. That is one massive load on those beams and not something that would generally be done in the 1:1 world. To make it work, there would have to be some serious steel H beams and columns to support the stone walls. Just a thought.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

fbernard65

Karl,

Up to your usual standards!!!!  Great build!!!!!

Frank

rpdylan

Yes, def. a great build!  Re. the comment about the stone block load- I wonder what the structure would look like with Plastruct I-beams placed under the second floor to represent steel supporting beams?  I am sure somewhere at some time there was/is the prototype for this building!
Bob C.

postalkarl

Hi Janbouli, John S., Steve Drees, Donato, G P Demayo, Frank Bernard, And Bob C.:

Hi Guys thanks for all the great compliments. They are appreciated as always. Working on the traveling crane at this point.

Karl

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

postalkarl

Hi Bob:

Thanks your welcome.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Structure area is finished. Did a little scenery and castings around buildings A, B and C. 1 crane bent is finished,. Working on the next one this afternoon.

Karl

fbernard65

Karl,

You are in the home stretch now.  Looking really good.

Frank