Sylvan Scale Models 1937 Chevrolet Taxi

Started by Raymo, April 16, 2016, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

After they've been scrubbed down, they're giving a bath of luke warm water and left to air dry for a few days.

Raymo

I use clothes pins to hold the bodies for painting. I try to find one's that fit snug in the body, if they don't use a piece of strip wood to widen the tips. Using the spring side would put to much tension on the casting, and it would break.

Raymo

Those little chip board flyers they pass out at train shows work great to hold the wheels for painting. ;D

Raymo

Someone in the hobby gave me a bunch of this Testors primer to use. It says laquer, but it smells more like the urethane paints I've used in the body shop.

Raymo

And here's the body in primer, next installment... Paint!

S&S RR

Dan

It's great to see you back at this project! I think we have all been getting overwhelmed with the non-modeling side of life lately. Anyway I'm enjoying the thread - currently sitting on my boat waiting for the fish to decide to bite. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ak-milw

Thanks Raymo, that's exactly what I needed to know. The wife works in the eye care department at Wally World so I will have her pick me up some.

JimF

Dan, I wasn't trying to be pushy, but if my asking helped prompt a return, I'm glad. :)

I was afraid the project had stopped in mid stride, and would be like many other threads on forums, just left behind. Especially as you were close to my biggest stalling point, the painting aspect.

Thanks for continuing.

Jim

Mecrr22

Enjoying this build Raymo. I always have trouble cleaning the flag from the tires will try your technique.  I think you should reserve a Hummer Limo for the next Expo. Scott H
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

Raymo

Quote from: S&S RR on June 09, 2016, 08:15:47 PM
Dan

It's great to see you back at this project! I think we have all been getting overwhelmed with the non-modeling side of life lately. Anyway I'm enjoying the thread - currently sitting on my boat waiting for the fish to decide to bite. ;)
Thanks again John. Hopefully you've had a bite by now.

Raymo

Quote from: ak-milw on June 09, 2016, 09:31:59 PM
Thanks Raymo, that's exactly what I needed to know. The wife works in the eye care department at Wally World so I will have her pick me up some.
Thanks again for following Andy.

Raymo

Quote from: JimF on June 10, 2016, 06:08:37 AM
Dan, I wasn't trying to be pushy, but if my asking helped prompt a return, I'm glad. :)

I was afraid the project had stopped in mid stride, and would be like many other threads on forums, just left behind. Especially as you were close to my biggest stalling point, the painting aspect.

Thanks for continuing.

Jim
No problem Jim. I'll be the first to admit I need to be hit with a big stick to get moving sometimes! ;D

Raymo

Quote from: Mecrr22 on June 10, 2016, 04:35:36 PM
Enjoying this build Raymo. I always have trouble cleaning the flag from the tires will try your technique.  I think you should reserve a Hummer Limo for the next Expo. Scott H
That's the nice thing about these build threads Scott, there's always tricks to teach and learn from.

Raymo

I was able to paint the taxi yesterday. Tru-Color paints were used, C&O Yellow for the body, Black on the frame, and Swift Reefer Red for the wheels. Next up , painting the details.....

JimF

Dan, did you paint using a airbrush?

Jim