Sylvan Scale Models 1937 Chevrolet Taxi

Started by Raymo, April 16, 2016, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Raymo

Raymo

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 23, 2016, 05:46:50 PM
Raymo,

Great stuff my friend. Thanks for all the "how to" in the thread.

Tom ;D
Thanks Tom.

Raymo

Quote from: ak-milw on April 23, 2016, 07:12:47 PM
Dan, thanks for the how-to. I just ordered three kits from American Prototype. One question I have for you is in the instructions it say's to use a cleaner to get rid of the mold release. I have tried washing with dish detergent but still get a few spots that won't cover with paint. Can you tell me what you use get rid of the mold release and where I  can get some.  Thanks
Andy, I'll be covering your question next. Thanks.

Raymo

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on April 25, 2016, 02:08:54 AM
Dan,
Watching your vehicle come together as a new ride is needed at my end. Car just turned 219k tonight... :)
Tom
Tom, My truck is at 130,000 and it's falling apart just as fast.  ;D  Thanks.

Raymo

Quote from: JimF on May 28, 2016, 04:28:52 AM
Dan,

Fully understand the 'life getting in the way' thing. Was just curious, as I'm about to dig out a few Sylvan kits and make a start on them, something to work on while my other projects are on hold.

Jim
Jim, As promised the next installment begins. Thanks for lighting a fire under my butt!

Raymo

Quote from: tct855 on May 28, 2016, 08:08:32 AM
Raymo,
              I'm still all eyes.  I'll copy cat what ACL1504 said. 1 question, is this car you're building the car you'll use to taxi around the members at the next expo? Thanx Thom...
Thom, wouldn't that be an "attention getter"!

Raymo

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on May 28, 2016, 08:45:07 AM
Maybe a taxi this size for the Expo.

Jeff
Jeff, I don't think there's an area near George's that I could park that thing! Thanks

Raymo

Alright kids it's back to the build time. I use Super Clean straight from bottle to clean the castings. This stuff is pretty caustic so wear gloves because it will take a layer of skin off.  I have a smaller spray bottle that I use to spray it on the castings and then scrub them with a cheap tooth brush.

BandOGuy

Raymo's trying to hide a deep, dark secret. In Massachusetts, no one worries about parallel parking. If the space isn't there, they just double park it and turn on the flashers. That is the only time in Massachusetts you will see a blinkah illuminated on a vehicle other than when it's going through state inspection.But this is still a GREAT thread. Thanks, Raymo.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Raymo

I forgot to mention that I buy the cleaner at Wal Mart, but I've seen it at the larger chain auto parts stores. Home Depot sells a similar product made by ZEP.

Raymo

Quote from: BandOGuy on June 09, 2016, 07:16:02 PM
Raymo's trying to hide a deep, dark secret. In Massachusetts, no one worries about parallel parking. If the space isn't there, they just double park it and turn on the flashers. That is the only time in Massachusetts you will see a blinkah illuminated on a vehicle other than when it's going through state inspection.But this is still a GREAT thread. Thanks, Raymo.
Thanks Mr. Stevens. You have the nice people down on the south shore. Up here in the mill towns they don't use the "blinkah", but the will leave the left hand doors wide open!

Raymo

I have a small tea strainer that I put the wheels, tires, and other small parts in to wash them. I spray the Super Clean directly in it.

Raymo

I usually paint a few cars at a time, so I'll wash them all at the same time. I did these in a CLEAN old fast food container.