The Franklin & South Manchester Traveling Hopper Car

Started by S&S RR, May 24, 2016, 06:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 11, 2016, 04:48:53 PM
Hey Frank.....any chance of getting Russ to put up a thread for his layout with pictures and plans?

You don't want much do you?! Only kidding. I'll mention it to him, but he typically is not into participating on forums. I certainly can do that if you would like. As far as plans, they eist only on a 30"  40" piece of foam board and have never been reduced in size. He might want to do that. I'll ask. Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Frank / Erieman

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

Erieman

Erieman

Visited the Scottsdale Model Railroad Historical Society this morning to take pic of F&SM on their layout. This is a club layout with 40 members. The scenery is representative of Arizona. The layout is three years old and is almost finished ( until they make changes ). There are a lot of F&SM structures on the layout and i thought George would like to see some of them. so here goes. By the way, the club is located in the McCormick Stillman Railroad Park and is open to the public all year long. If you haven't been here, it is work a trip.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Here are more pics of the layout.

Frank / Erieman

Janbouli

Thanks Frank, what a great job, it's not often club layouts have such great structures on it, and that in 3 years, superb.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Erieman

Quote from: Janbouli on July 19, 2016, 06:23:51 PM
Thanks Frank, what a great job, it's not often club layouts have such great structures on it, and that in 3 years, superb.

Jan,

Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Postalkarl;

I am headed to the Post Office to mail the F&SM hopper to you. I'll add a delivery date to this post upon my return. UPDATE: Delivery of package Friday  July 22nd. Enjoy!

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Frank,

Very good photo thread at the club layout. However, the star of the show is the boy with the big eyes, ears and open mouth! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 20, 2016, 02:55:09 PM
Frank,

Very good photo thread at the club layout. However, the star of the show is the boy with the big eyes, ears and open mouth! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom ;D
Tom

He looks just like you did when we walked into the F&SM!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Erieman on July 19, 2016, 03:49:07 PM
Visited the Scottsdale Model Railroad Historical Society this morning to take pic of F&SM on their layout. This is a club layout with 40 members. The scenery is representative of Arizona. The layout is three years old and is almost finished ( until they make changes ). There are a lot of F&SM structures on the layout and i thought George would like to see some of them. so here goes. By the way, the club is located in the McCormick Stillman Railroad Park and is open to the public all year long. If you haven't been here, it is work a trip.

Frank / Erieman

Frank

Thanks for the pictures!  The F&SM Hopper looks great next to all those FSM kits.  I visited this layout with Frank on a recent trip out to AZ - great looking layout.  I think I counted 30 or more FSM kits on the layout.
John Siekirk

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on July 21, 2016, 10:15:30 AM
Quote from: Erieman on July 19, 2016, 03:49:07 PM

Frank / Erieman

Frank

Thanks for the pictures!  The F&SM Hopper looks great next to all those FSM kits.  I visited this layout with Frank on a recent trip out to AZ - great looking layout.  I think I counted 30 or more FSM kits on the layout.

John,

Glad you enjoyed the pics of the Scottsdale Club layout and the little kid was quite cute. His Mom kept trying to get him in the right place for the pic. mom was cute too.

frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on July 21, 2016, 10:11:19 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on July 20, 2016, 02:55:09 PM
Frank,

Tom ;D
Tom

He looks just like you did when we walked into the F&SM!

Amen, Brother, Amen!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

The Hopper has arrived at Karl's - next up Bob Parish! I asked Karl to also post the pictures of the Hopper on his dioramas here so we have them all in one place.
John Siekirk