Barnstead Lumber FSM 195

Started by postalkarl, August 05, 2016, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Occasionally, I grab photos of models to use as "prototype" inspiration.  This is one of them, I have thoughts/plans for a lumber & coal yard on the new layout.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

Hi Dave:

Glad I could help. Thanks. I'll take that as A compliment.
Karl

postalkarl

Hi Steve:

Thanks Nope it's right out of the box.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Lumber shed is finished. On to the Machine Shop which gets attached to the right end onf the lumber shed.

Here's photos of the lumber shed. It's finished except for 2 ladders and 2 concrete piers. These will be added when it is attached to the base. I weathered the roof for Frank.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Just for your information. I started out glued pieces of lumber into the bins one at a time. This got old and time consuming. So here's what I came up with. Wasn't sure it would work but it did. I made nice lumber pile on a pile of waxed paper. Thinned down some white glue and applied it to the pile on the back end. I worked reall great. When dry just picked them up & glued em in. They are the 4 piles on left upper deck. The four r/H spaces.

Karl

fbernard65

postalkarl

deemery

Quote from: postalkarl on September 11, 2016, 02:01:37 PM
Hi Dave:

Glad I could help. Thanks. I'll take that as A compliment.
Karl
That's absolutely how it's intended! The coloring and details really help guide better models.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

postalkarl

Hi guys:

the Lumber shed is finished. Added the machine shop this afternoon. Lumber shed is weathered as per the instructions.  Hope it looks OK.
Karl

Mark Dalrymple

Its looking fantastic, Karl!

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hi Mark:

Thanks for the reply and compliment. I put the building on the base. They are not glued in place. I want to build the last building before I do that.

Here's a photo.

Karl

Jerry

As always a real crowd pleaser!!!

Your weathering is just perfect.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hi Jerry:

Thanks for the compliment. Glad you liked my weathering.

Karl

sdrees

Hi Karl,

Yes,  your weathering is looking good.  This is a nice looking model, or is it real?
Steve Drees
SP RR