On30 Diorama Project by Fos

Started by Doug Fos, December 18, 2013, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Fos

Some of you may have followed my progress on this diorama earlier this year. I have since reduced it's size by a third - clearly a case of biting off more than I could chew. It was a relief to chop off 24" of landform I had started. While I would have liked to gone bigger, for now this is a manageable , realistic option. I can actually picture finishing it. As soon as the holidays and some seasonal kit production are behind me , I'll get back it it.

Doug

ACL1504

Doug,

Very nicely done. I've been following.

Tom :)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

gnatshop

I know the truff - CaBoy Dougy was watchin' a movie when he decided to work on his diorama!

PHQRR

Jerry

Doug nice build is that a kit??  And do you have any close-ups of the boiler and engine??

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Doug Fos

The foreground structure is the  Mill Engine and Boiler House by Sierra West; the background flat is scratch built. I'll take some closer pics soon and post.

Doug

Mike Engler

Great place for this build. I really like the lower part of the O'Neill Milling- that is some fabulous modeling and I followed it with great interest on the blog. I hope those close-up photos and how you did it will make it to this thread.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

Jerry

Good point Mike I forgot that he started the building on the Blog.

A lot of good info on his blog.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tjseeley

Love the boiler shed.  Looking forward to more pics!

rrkreitler

This is a great start and I am looking forward to the next steps. I will also be heading over to the blog to catch up on the work already done. I really like the backdrop.

Apache Modelworks

Very nice Doug.  Some close up shots would be nice to see some more of the details.

postalkarl

Hi Doug:

Looks great. Is it going to become a kit? Let me know OK.

Karl