Red Hook in N Scale

Started by tommot, January 20, 2017, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommot

Well, I finally finished my N scale version of Red Hook. Problem is I'm not even close to having a layout to put it on. But, here are some photos of the finished product.

jimmillho

Powersteamguy1790

Nice work Tom.  :) 8)

Stay cool and run steam............ 8) 8)

Janbouli

Outstanding Tom , great job in any scale , fantastic in Normal Scale.
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Zephyrus52246

Like Jan said, looks great, especially for N scale.

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

donatode

tommot

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I do A LOT of sctatchbuilding with the number of limited kits available for N Scale. Bar Mills, N Scale Architect have some good kits but are very limited in the type of industries. Sometimes I think it a case of really enjoying getting a photo and ending up with a complete structure. I guess I take it as a challenge, the more difficult the design, the more I enjoy the challenge.

Thanks again
Tom

Janbouli

Quote from: tommot on January 21, 2017, 03:12:26 PM

I do A LOT of sctatchbuilding with the number of limited kits available for N Scale. Bar Mills, N Scale Architect have some good kits but are very limited in the type of industries.

There are more excellent N-scale kit makers out there RSlaser , Inter-Action and several more . The thing that surprises me though is that while there are many riverside and harbor buildings in H0 , there are hardly any in N-scale and the same goes for Lumber companies and other mountain industries.
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Great job on the N-Scale version. What's next?

Karl

Jerry

N-Scale that is a great job.  In any scale it would be great.  Well done.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln