Midsomer

Started by madharry, January 22, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Quote from: Janbouli on July 24, 2017, 03:10:42 AM
Quote from: madharry on July 23, 2017, 04:48:08 PM
Thanks very much Curt. The layout has to be finished by 3rd November for my club's model railway exhibition. The layout has been allocated a space opposite Chris Nevard's new layout. Chris is a renowned modeller and writes for the UK's Modelrail magazine, so my effort has to up to snuff as they say. No pressure!

Mike ::)

I bet Chris is thinking the very same thing  ;)

Yes he is bringing not one but two layouts to the show................see link to pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/nevardmedia/sets/72157616702004648/

Mike  ???

PRR Modeler

Wow, that is outstanding modeling!
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

I agree, Chris' work is fantastic.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Great work! As usual...

I am a subscriber to ModelRail and I am a big fan of that style of modeling and, particularly, of Chris'. His photographs and scenery are so distinctive. You can spot them a mile away. I picked up a lot of inspiration in the past couple of years of those British modeling magazines.

John

Janbouli

Wow , that is excellent modeling, I see a layout that has a lot in common with Troels Kirk and Martin Walberg, the coloring is very Troels like and the scenery , grass, bushes , trees are very Martin like . Now I don't know who was first but just see the resemblance.

When and where is this show Mike , you probably already told us , but I'm lazy  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Quote from: Janbouli on July 25, 2017, 03:29:16 PM
Wow , that is excellent modeling, I see a layout that has a lot in common with Troels Kirk and Martin Walberg, the coloring is very Troels like and the scenery , grass, bushes , trees are very Martin like . Now I don't know who was first but just see the resemblance.

When and where is this show Mike , you probably already told us , but I'm lazy  ;)

Jan, these layouts will be at my club's exhibition - "Wycrail" Saturday 4th November at High Wycombe. In all there will be 26 layouts on show. If you can make it to Heathrow which is 20 minutes from me, I can pick you up and we can offer you a guest bedroom with en-suite...................

Mike  :)

Janbouli

Very tempting Mike , thank you very much for the invitation , I'm going to look into getting a couple of days off in November.
I love photo's, don't we all.

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

sdrees

Hi Jan,

Looks like your layout is up to snuff to me.  Very nice.
Steve Drees
SP RR

madharry

I built a little storage shed for the farm using Railroad Kits "Ole Man Simonds Garage kit.  This is of board on board construction and I etched the roofing in ferric chloride for a nice rusty effect. Inside are some hay bales, some shelving and gas cylinders etc together with a weathered Fordson tractor.

Mike

MAP

Nice work on the shed Mike.....actually the whole layout is great!
Mark

PRR Modeler

Beautiful work Mike. I also think the details inside the garage are a nice touch.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Mark and Curt for your nice comments.
Mike ;)

madharry

A few years ago I built Scalescenes Lock and Canal Bridge kits. These are ultra cheap - £3.99 and £2.99. You provide the cardboard and download the instructions. The cover sheets for the cardboard are printed off in colour.

The results are very good. However..........

I have decided to add the Wiffen Canal to Midsomer and as it is going to be right at the front of the layout I wanted the lock and canal to have texture. So I de-constructed the kits and added Redutex brick and grey stone setts  to the models.

Here are the originals.

Mike