Midsomer

Started by madharry, January 22, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmillho

madharry

Thanks Curt and Jim, when I first saw this at the ONTRAXS show in Holland I thought it was wonderful............

Mike

jerryrbeach

I've never seen this before.  Very interesting, cannot wait to see how you incorporate it into the layout.
Jerry

madharry

Thanks Jerry I am hard at work trying to figure out scenery right now!

Mike  :-\

madharry

Continuing.........

The station platforms at British railway stations are raised. I am using card to make a foundation for my station platform which must fit perfectly between the tracks without fouling equipment.

madharry

Continuing............

I have cut a piece of 2 inch high foam 8 foot long for the front edge of the layout. I am trying out my buildings for viewing angles. The railway is in a cutting behind the houses and behind the railway will be a raised street scene.

Mike

Rail and Tie

Looking good Mike. Your usual blinding speed is hard to catch up to!

Do the cyclists run as smooth as the videos show?  Been thinking of buying a set up for some displays I am working on.

D
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

madharry

Hi Darryl,

Yes they do. However I bought the ready made ones rather than the kits. I experimented with the surface of the road and it is best not to have any joins which might disrupt the cyclists. I am using heavy grade (2000) wall lining paper as it comes in a roll and I was able to cut a piece 4 foot long and 3.5 inches wide without a join.

I have had my three cyclists peddling for the last seven hours while I have been modelling without any accidents. The FAQs on the Magnorail  website are very useful and if you need any further advice you know how to reach me.

Mike

PRR Modeler

Nice job on the station.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Curt,

Everything is a steep learning curve as I normally model "american".  This is my first "british" layout and it has to be up to exhbition standards.
So keep watching this space .........................I am concerned with "rivet counters" here in the UK............so NO PRESSURE!

Mike 8)

GPdemayo

Coming along nicely Mike.....great work. 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks Greg it is much appreciated..........

Mike  :D

PRR Modeler

Like you said- No Pressure! ;D
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Continuing.............

Here is the completed platform on the left hand board. the picture is taken from the rear backscene side. I covered my cardboard formers with 2mm card to form the platform and then covered the card with Redutex Stone Setts Uneven Light Grey. I then carefully painted the edges white.

The second picture shows how the station will be sited.

Mike

madharry

Continuing.............

Here is a view from the front. The platform in the picture is 22 inches long. The extension of the platform on the second board when built will add a further 11 inches. More than enough for a small surburban station. Once the second platform is built I am going to push the envelope and add point rodding to the layout.

Mike