Extension to the PRR Bellevue Sub Branchline

Started by PRR Modeler, January 27, 2017, 04:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

I have a approximately 30' x 12' layout of a fictitious branch line of the PRR Bellevue Sub. It has a single mainline in a folded dog bone that you can walk into the center of the layout. I just started a 1' x 10' extension on the front of the layout to service Pennsy's LCL loads and trailers on their TrucTrain flat cars. The time frame is the late 1940's-mid 1950's.

This is a picture of the extension area. Please pardon the mess. I have already added the extension wiring and cabling that is just hanging loose now. Today I bought the wood for the job and cut to size the 4 outside pieces.

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Curt

Welcome to the forum.  It's great to see another layout in the expansion mode.  I look forward to following your progress and seeing more of your layout.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Powersteamguy1790

Welcome to the forum Curt. :) 8) Have fun working on that extension.

Stay cool and run steam........ 8) 8)

jimmillho

PRR Modeler

Thank you for the warm welcome. Since I won't be doing any modeling today I have a picture of a coaling trestle I made a couple of years ago. Since this picture was taken I have added a heating oil component to the business. Of course the oil has to come in by tank car. The piers are actually "N" scale and worked perfectly for the project.

Curt Webb

Zephyrus52246

Welcome, Curt.  Looks like a nice layout.

Jeff

cuse

GPdemayo

Welcome Curt.....keep those pictures coming.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Thanks everyone. Today I had to go to plan B because of the rainy weather here. I had wanted to finish the framing but instead I installed the #5 PECO Insulfrog T/O (the size and type I use for everything). Before installation I solder jumpers and paint the rails (latex rust color). When I solder it in place, I only solder the far side of the joiner so I never solder the actual T/O.

After it was installed I checked it with a level and ran a loco back and forth without issue. This was also a test of my expansion of the electrical and DCC system.

Here is a picture of the complete Hillcrest Coal and Heating Oil facility.

`
Curt Webb

PennsyJ1

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 29, 2017, 03:15:31 PM
Thanks everyone. Today I had to go to plan B because of the rainy weather here. I had wanted to finish the framing but instead I installed the #5 PECO Insulfrog T/O (the size and type I use for everything). Before installation I solder jumpers and paint the rails (latex rust color). When I solder it in place, I only solder the far side of the joiner so I never solder the actual T/O.

After it was installed I checked it with a level and ran a loco back and forth without issue. This was also a test of my expansion of the electrical and DCC system.

Here is a picture of the complete Hillcrest Coal and Heating Oil facility.

`

Keep up the good work, and as they say a layout is never finished!! Keep the pictures coming.

Bill
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Thanks John.

I completed the framing today but need my son's help to mount it. Probably tomorrow. I will post a pic when it's mounted. Instead I a have a picture of a passenger station I put in last month (not normally a passenger guy).

Curt Webb

ACL1504

Curt,

Neat layout. Thanks for sharing it with us though the forum.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com