Sylvan Scale Models 1936 Chevy 2 Ton Flatbed

Started by Raymo, February 01, 2017, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

At this point I epoxied the driver to the seat. I didn't like the way the  right arm looked so I cut it off and touched up the body. You can see I pressed the body into the frame.

Raymo

It took a little sanding and fitting to get the body to fit the frame. You really can't force the body into the frame because some thing will break (I know this) , so it's easy to take the time to sand it down to fit between the frame rails and touch it up with the Sharpie. I used thin ACC at the joint to secure it.

Raymo

I secured the cab to the frame with some 5 minute epoxy and after that set up, I applied a wind shield wiper to the cab. I hit the edge with the Sharpie, but you really can't see it.

Raymo

I went to my parts box and picked out a Woodland Scenics pallet, a B.E.S.T pile of bricks #0056, and a pile of cinder blocks from package #0130 and cleaned them up, painted, and weathered them.

Raymo

I then weathered the truck up with some weathering powders.

Raymo

Then I secured the brick and blocks to the back of the truck with some 5 minute epoxy. when it dried, I touched up the shiny spots with some Dullcoat and a small paint brush.

Raymo

Whew... I finished a build thread... in a month and a half.... it feels GOOD! I like how the truck came out and the GC Laser body is an improvement over the OEM piece. I hope the build thread helps you guy's out.

Raymo

Final Photos...

Raymo

Zephyrus52246

Nice build, Dan.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jeff

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

coors2u

Dustin

ak-milw

Came out great, isn't it a little hard to shift without your right arm?

jimmillho

postalkarl