Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

John,
Wow!  That has to be the best modeling of a forest that I can remember seeing.  It might even be too good, with scenery like that who is going to be looking at the trains?
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: EricQuebec on April 21, 2017, 05:20:30 AM
The two big pictures are totally awesome...
Eric Quebec city

Eric

Thanks for kind words. I'm looking forward to completing this scene and getting some proper lighting installed over the trestle.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on April 21, 2017, 08:04:59 AM
The trestle scene is wonderful.  The trees look great, as does everything else!

Jeff

Jeff

Thanks for stopping by the thread and for the kind words. I will soon have an area on the layout that I consider finished - if that's possible on a model railroad. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on April 21, 2017, 08:39:29 AM
John,
Wow!  That has to be the best modeling of a forest that I can remember seeing.  It might even be too good, with scenery like that who is going to be looking at the trains?

Jerry

Thanks for visiting the thread and for your kind words. I'm real close to having the trains running so we will see.
John Siekirk

sdrees

Like I said once before John,  looks like a nice Fall day in the mountains of "Michigan".  Nice work.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

John,

Well, all I can say is well done, very well done.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: sdrees on April 21, 2017, 12:39:59 PM
Like I said once before John,  looks like a nice Fall day in the mountains of "Michigan".  Nice work.

Steve

Thanks for stopping by the thread and the kind words.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

tct855

John,
           I love it, really very nice work!  You were paying attention in modeling class.  Me, I'm a drop out. You definitely graduated!   Thanx Thom...

S&S RR

Quote from: tct855 on April 21, 2017, 03:06:00 PM
John,
           I love it, really very nice work!  You were paying attention in modeling class.  Me, I'm a drop out. You definitely graduated!   Thanx Thom...

Thom

Thanks for stopping by. I just plan on keeping up the practicing until I get it right.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, the layout swallowed up another 214 Aspen trees and 18 pine trees. It is amazing how many trees are required to make it look right.  I will try to post a couple pictures this evening.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on April 22, 2017, 02:09:34 PM
Today, the layout swallowed up another 214 Aspen trees and 18 pine trees. It is amazing how many trees are required to make it look right.  I will try to post a couple pictures this evening.

John,

More trees than anyone can imagine. I just finished making 150 Florida Slash Pines and I'm just getting started. I look forward to the photos.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 22, 2017, 02:48:07 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on April 22, 2017, 02:09:34 PM

John,

More trees than anyone can imagine. I just finished making 150 Florida Slash Pines and I'm just getting started. I look forward to the photos.

Tom

Thanks for stopping by Tom. I'm actually keeping track of the number of trees I plant so I will have a count when I'm done.  So far, I'm over 1500 aspen trees and 250 pine trees.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

A few progress photographs of the area we were working on today.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk