Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongHornCaddy

Glad you're home safe John.  Looking forward to the pictures!

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on September 15, 2017, 09:06:30 PM
Glad you are back safe and sound (poorer of course).

Jim

Jim

Thanks for stopping by - and yes my wallet is lighter but we had a great time.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

tct855

John,
         Isaac's coal is coming along famously!  Lookin' good.  keep workin' it girl.   Thanx Thom...

S&S RR

Quote from: LongHornCaddy on September 15, 2017, 11:29:48 PM
Glad you're home safe John.  Looking forward to the pictures!

Thanks for stopping by - I will be posting some pictures of the Quincy Mine, Smelter, and Stamping mill sites that I plan to build along with my layout tour photographs from the NG. I also managed to take a few pictures of the trees, rock formations and fall grass and foliage colors through the smoke.  I wanted to confirm my scenery colors on the layout. The smoke kind of hung just above the tree tops like a big cloud. Mountain pictures were not possible anywhere in the states of Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, or Montana.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: tct855 on September 16, 2017, 10:13:48 AM
John,
         Isaac's coal is coming along famously!  Lookin' good.  keep workin' it girl.   Thanx Thom...

Thanks, Thom - A few more goodies from the Narrow Gauge Convention to store away and I will be back on it.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I got back to work on the Mackenzie build the last couple of days - building the roof sections.  George has loaded them with details - holes with the rafters showing etc.  They are a lot of work but I really like how they are turning out. Here are a few progress pictures.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also, got started making the details for the platforms on Isaac's Coal.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

cuse

Tremendous work John! Am I to surmise that you will assemble those decks before staining/treating the wood? I thought that was a no-no, doesn't the glue potentially resist or at least alter the stain? (or do you just not apply it with a roller-like me ;D )

John