Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Here we go with an update post to test the gallery on the new server.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Looks like we are up and running again.  The only issue I had was that I had to dial down the resolution of my picture to get below the 4.7 M limit. This was not necessary with the old server.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Sound good. Glad you have everything working well.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on May 29, 2019, 04:54:37 PM
Hey John:

Sound good. Glad you have everything working well.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for stopping by. It  looks like things are getting back to normal, here on the forum.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The benchwork has been completed in the hallway.  I took a couple progress pictures as I was testing the track placement. 

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Quite an undertaking John, but I like it.  It does not look like the opening is high enough for some Engines.

Jim

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

...and the bench-work looks to be the same height on either side of the wall!

I remember well one time when my boss made up a three walled shield out of custom wood to disguise a toilet vent in a multi-unit.  He cut all the pieces, screwed and glued together, sanded the edges, and then carried up five flights of scaffolding where he put it in position and we all noted that it was about a foot too short!

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on May 30, 2019, 02:13:40 PM
Quite an undertaking John, but I like it.  It does not look like the opening is high enough for some Engines.

Jim

Jim

I think it's an optical allusion - clearance height is 3 1/8 inches above the track. Nothing that I own gets up that high.  If it did there are a lot of tunnels that would be a problem on this mountain railroad. Thank you for the observation - I did go out and check the height. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on May 30, 2019, 09:36:13 PM
...and the bench-work looks to be the same height on either side of the wall!

I remember well one time when my boss made up a three walled shield out of custom wood to disguise a toilet vent in a multi-unit.  He cut all the pieces, screwed and glued together, sanded the edges, and then carried up five flights of scaffolding where he put it in position and we all noted that it was about a foot too short!

Cheers, Mark.

You are correct Mark.  Didn't even have to use shims to line it up. Full disclosure, the hole was already in the wall when I put the top on the benchwork in the hall way. ;)   I was going to cut the corner a little more but the stud locations didn't allow for it. I will be able to hold a 30 inch minimum yard radius with the current configuration.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

You've been busy and it looks great. Love all the track and turnouts. Keep up the great job my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 31, 2019, 10:04:57 AM
John,

You've been busy and it looks great. Love all the track and turnouts. Keep up the great job my friend.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you for stopping by the thread. I have been putting in some quality model train time the last few months. Enjoying every minute of it.  This is going to be a very busy area of the layout.
John Siekirk

Dave K.

Finally getting caught up on my favorite build threads...really coming along great, John.👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻