Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

I'm just catching up with this build.  Holy Cow!  This is great John!  Your walls are looking fantastic and Frank's concept really works well with the building. Looking forward to watching your progress.
Mark

postalkarl

Hi John:

Very interesting project. I shall be following along. Can't wait to see how it come out.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on November 17, 2017, 07:35:23 AM
I'm just catching up with this build.  Holy Cow!  This is great John!  Your walls are looking fantastic and Frank's concept really works well with the building. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Mark

Thanks for stopping by - I'm really having fun with this build.  I have been collecting detail castings for this for years. Lots of belt driven machinery.  Frank's roof design really helped - now it will become my big winter project.  I usually have three builds going at the same time and rotate between them.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on November 17, 2017, 08:01:59 AM
Hi John:

Very interesting project. I shall be following along. Can't wait to see how it come out.

Karl

Karl

Thanks -- I have a picture in my head of what this build is going to look like but at our age that keeps changing. ;)   Thanks for following along, we will see where this takes us, together.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Thank you to all the forum members that have sent me emails, txt, PM's, and called with sources for detail castings. I have orders out to 4 different suppliers for the detail castings for the Locomotive Works build. I also leaned that Rusty Rails and Rusty Stumps are two different companies, each with their own unique castings.
John Siekirk

Jerry

John just getting caught up again on this thread.  Beautiful work all the around.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on November 18, 2017, 08:50:26 AM
John just getting caught up again on this thread.  Beautiful work all the around.

Jerry

Jerry

Thanks for stopping by the thread and for the kind words. We are getting into modeling season so I hope to be able to make more progress in the coming months.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I made some more progress with the interior wall castings on the S&S Locomotive works.  Two more castings to go and then it will be time for the finishing work (a little filling here and cleanup there)  and the paint booth.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I must have messed up the setting in my picture editing software - I don't like these little pictures. 
John Siekirk

EricQuebec

Quote from: S&S RR on November 21, 2017, 07:51:15 PM
I must have messed up the setting in my picture editing software - I don't like these little pictures.
I Don't like too :)

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk