Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on April 18, 2018, 04:37:26 PM
Hey John:

Looks great so far. Nice job on the boiler.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the compliments. I completed my lighting project today so I can get back on mounting these latest builds on my layout and doing the final detail work. I like doing the final weathering and detailing with the models in place on the layout.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on April 19, 2018, 07:42:44 AM
Hi John:

Waiting to see more as always.

Karl

Thanks for stopping by Karl.  I'm in the middle of a lighting project - I'm replacing all of my lighting on the layout with LED's. It's been one of those projects that just keeps going - I liked it so much in the one area that I decided to go for it with all the lighting.  It will be a few weeks before I can get everything back in place and take some new pictures. It's going to be time to get the SLR our and take some nice progress pictures. In short, I'm adding new LED flood lights in the valance, replacing all the incandescent and florescent bulbs with LED's. The day light bulbs make all the colors in the rock work, the trees and the structures really pop. I'm real anxious to see how the SLR captures what I see with my eyes. As they say, stay tuned.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: The lighting project has been completed. I have 7 builds that need to be permanently mounted to the layout and the final detailing, weathering, and scenery completed around them. This is the best part for me, seeing what the structure builds look like on the layout. I will spending a few days taking pictures after this phase is completed. When my back needs some time at the workbench, I will be getting started on my next two builds, the FSM Fox Run and Sewall's Foundry. I will taking a few pictures with my phone of the installation process as things move along.
John Siekirk

deemery

Good news on the lighting, that's one project where you can see the difference :-)

Keep the photos coming.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on April 22, 2018, 11:00:33 AM
Good news on the lighting, that's one project where you can see the difference :-)

Keep the photos coming.

dave

Dave

Thank you for stopping by the thread. Yes - it's good to have a project where you can see the difference. I'll keep the pictures coming.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The next generation of Engineers is starting to take over on the Superior & Seattle. Running trains is serious business.

John Siekirk

jrmueller

Good morning all.  Great picture Dave.  He looks like he knows what he knows what he's doing as opposed to many of the rest of us.  Have a great day.
Got the stitches out of my hand and work will continue outdoors and in the train room. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

vinceg

Quote from: S&S RR on April 26, 2018, 07:59:02 AM
The next generation of Engineers is starting to take over on the Superior & Seattle. Running trains is serious business.

Future OPSIG member to be sure.

Vince
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

PRR Modeler

He sure looks serious about the trains. Great picture.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

cuse

Great pic, John...I'm 50 and I'd have a hard time resisting playing with all of those switches   ;D

S&S RR

Quote from: jrmueller on April 26, 2018, 08:20:07 AM
Good morning all.  Great picture Dave.  He looks like he knows what he knows what he's doing as opposed to many of the rest of us.  Have a great day.
Got the stitches out of my hand and work will continue outdoors and in the train room. Jim

Jim thanks for stopping by the thread.

He watched Grandpa run the train and change the speed - I let him press the horn and bell buttons and he knew which ones he had to push the next time. I handed him the throttle and he just took over. Amazing how quickly they understand technology.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on April 26, 2018, 08:49:21 AM
Quote from: S&S RR on April 26, 2018, 07:59:02 AM

Future OPSIG member to be sure.

Vince

Vince

Thanks for stopping by - It will be interesting to see if the trains keep his interest. He sure like them now.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on April 26, 2018, 10:18:25 AM
He sure looks serious about the trains. Great picture.

Curt

Thanks - I'm having a great time with him and the layout. Everything is new and exciting when your 2.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Cuse on April 26, 2018, 02:24:17 PM
Great pic, John...I'm 50 and I'd have a hard time resisting playing with all of those switches   ;D

John

Thanks for stopping by  - I showed him what the switches do and he told me - "no trains off PaPa" and hasn't played with them since. When he approaches "Greg" speed he looks at me and says too fast.
John Siekirk