Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave K.

Quote from: S&S RR on May 05, 2018, 03:13:42 PM
Here is a picture of my new favorite tool.  I know I have posted pictures of this before but if your doing scenery work with real dirt buy one. 

Why do I suddenly have a craving for fresh guacamole?

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on May 11, 2018, 12:38:57 PM
Just getting caught up again John.

Beautiful scene love your rock work and details.

Jerry

Jerry

Thanks for following along and the kind words. It is amazing how much sand and glue I have gone through finishing up these landforms.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Dave K. on May 11, 2018, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on May 05, 2018, 03:13:42 PM
Here is a picture of my new favorite tool.  I know I have posted pictures of this before but if your doing scenery work with real dirt buy one. 

Why do I suddenly have a craving for fresh guacamole?

Dave

I don't think this dirt will be the taste your looking for. ;) ;D ;D  If you go back a few pages I think I might have had the color right with my pond water.
John Siekirk

Dave K.

S&S RR

Quote from: Dave K. on May 12, 2018, 08:52:32 AM
Raymo's latest for the S&S.

Dave

I don't think that one would ever make it out of clay studio. It does make me want to use my mortar and pestle.  ;) ;D ;D ;D
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Good evening - it has been awhile since I did an update post.  I have been working on three different areas of the layout doing detailing and scenery.  The Brambell's and Mackenzie's builds have been permanently mounted to the layout benchwork. The Locomotive Works has also been placed on the layout and I'm in the process of permanently mount it. This is a slow process, I add a layer of detail, let it rest for a day or two and then go in and add the next layer. I will be at this for a few weeks with all the yard work and house maintenance work I have on my agenda. In a few weeks, we should have lots of pictures to post.

I'm also adding the LED lighting to the Locomotive Works - I will post all the progress pictures as soon as everything is wired up and working.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey There:

Looks good so far. Love the pickle car too.

Karl

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

My next four builds are in the holding area.  FSM kits, Fox Run, Sewall's, Swakhammer's, and G. Wilikers in that order. It's good to have a plan.  Now let's see if I stick to it. ;) :D

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Sounds good to me. I'll be watching for them.

Karl

jimmillho

vinceg

Quote from: S&S RR on May 25, 2018, 09:13:02 AM
My next four builds are in the holding area.  FSM kits, Fox Run, Sewall's, Swakhammer's, and G. Wilikers in that order. It's good to have a plan.  Now let's see if I stick to it. ;) :D

Great choices! Will definitely be watching.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

ACL1504

John,

Hey, my friend. At least you can make a decision. I haven't even gotten that far as yet.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on May 25, 2018, 09:47:26 AM
Hey John:

Sounds good to me. I'll be watching for them.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for following along.  I'm actually about half way through painting the castings for Fox Run.  I want to finish all the detailing for the last four builds now that they are on the layout. Then it will be time to open these yellow boxes.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on May 25, 2018, 02:13:56 PM
I will be watching these next builds also.

Jim

Jim

Thank you for following along - as I said above I want to complete the last four builds and then it will be full steam ahead on these.
John Siekirk