Magnuson Municipal Building

Started by ACL1504, August 12, 2018, 05:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I used rattle can Tamiya Light Ghost Grey, #AS-26, for the initial coat of paint.

It turned out darker than I thought it would/should be but will leave it for now. I think it has a very slight tint of blue in the color.

I may end up repainting it with Floquil CN Gray or Grime.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I don't plan on any interior lighting or details for the kit.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Opa George

The color looks really good to me in the photos. You note it seems a little dark.  I suppose if you are eventually adding weathering and washes that they could darken it even more, so perhaps that is a concern.  Looks good so far, though.

GPdemayo

You're right about the color Tom, a wee bit off, but easily corrected.....good looking city hall.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Bruce Oberleitner

Nice looking Build Uncle Tommie,

I'm going to have to write down your ideas on cleaning the sticky goo off magnuson structures and that trick about using brass tubing to brace the thing.  Brilliant!

;D ;D ;D

friscomike

Howdy Tom,

Nice build for a tricky kit.  Can't wait to see the finished structure.

Have fun,
Mike C

ACL1504

Quote from: Opa George on September 02, 2018, 08:24:12 AM
The color looks really good to me in the photos. You note it seems a little dark.  I suppose if you are eventually adding weathering and washes that they could darken it even more, so perhaps that is a concern.  Looks good so far, though.

George,

The photos have been lightened and it makes the building lighter. I will be adding weathering but I'll need to repaint it to a lighter grey.

I appreciate you following along.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on September 02, 2018, 09:13:53 AM
You're right about the color Tom, a wee bit off, but easily corrected.....good looking city hall.  8)

Greg,

Yes, as you saw a few Saturdays ago, it does look bluish. I got it repainted this morning and an update will follow later this afternoon.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on September 02, 2018, 12:43:38 PM
Nice looking Build Uncle Tommie,

I'm going to have to write down your ideas on cleaning the sticky goo off magnuson structures and that trick about using brass tubing to brace the thing.  Brilliant!

;D ;D ;D

Cousin Brucie,

Thank you, much appreciate the comment.

Goo removes a lot of stuff including decals. The square brass tubing is the best solution I've used in getting the walls straight.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: friscomike on September 02, 2018, 02:54:10 PM
Howdy Tom,

Nice build for a tricky kit.  Can't wait to see the finished structure.

Have fun,
Mike C

Mike,

Thank you, very much appreciate the feedback.

And, good to see you, it has been quite some time. I'll be working on the kit in the next week and hope to get it finished.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

In previous posts, I've mentioned how the building has a blue tint or hue to the sides. Also, as mentioned I used Tamiya Light Ghost Gray for the first color.

This morning I resprayed it the building with RUST-OLEUM Auto Primer. After about an hour it was dry tot he touch.

The next two photos show you how it looks in the layout lighting. The photos weren't lightened as before. This is the Tamiya color.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I think in the next two photos you can see the Rust-Oleum on the front right and the Tamiya on the left. There is definitely as  noticeable difference.

Grey on the right and bluish grey on the left.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The next two photos show the Rust-O paint in Grey Primer.

Now I'm ready to paint the window and door trim.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jimmillho

Quote from: GPdemayo on September 06, 2018, 03:16:10 PM
Much better..... :)

I am forced to agree with Greg.......although, I think it looks great anyway.

Jim