Atlantic and Southern RR - Throw Back Thursday

Started by ACL1504, April 28, 2017, 10:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I used .40" Evergreen Sheet Styrene for the tunnels.

I won't spend all the time explaining the process as I believe the pictures tell the story just as well.

More in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

When finished, I spray painted them with Floquil Aged Concrete. They appeared to yellow for me so I repainted them with Floquil Primer and used pastels to weather them.

Aged Concrete -

Primer -

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm a little ahead of myself here but I wanted to show the weathering and scenery up to the portals.

You can also see the mountain scenery base built next to the portals.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

donatode

S&S RR

Tom

Very nice. I only have a few pictures of my previous layout. I just didn't take pictures???? The film was to expense I guess.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 25, 2017, 07:54:25 PM
Looked awesome!

Curt,

Thanks, it was a fun project. I think it took me a week to finish.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Donato on May 26, 2017, 11:19:24 AM
You were "GOOD" even back then...

Donato,

I'm not sure how good I was but it all looked good when finished. Thanks for the compliment.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on May 26, 2017, 11:42:12 AM
Tom

Very nice. I only have a few pictures of my previous layout. I just didn't take pictures? ??? The film was to expense I guess.

John,

Thank you. I'm not sure when I started taking pictures of my layouts but I just wanted to be able to see my progress over the years. I did this years prior to JD starting his first forum.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

After finishing the high trestle and scenery around it, I kept moving to the left.

I visited Howard Zane one Christmas week and he showed me how to use the cardboard strips for a scenery base.

The mountain in the next few photos was done with this method. Once the strips were hot glued together, they were covered with contractors paper and a coat of glue was applied. Once the glue dried, the paper was hard/stiff.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com