The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 2

Started by ACL1504, May 11, 2017, 12:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm going to build FSM Dexter's Dead End in this location. The three buildings need real estate measuring 10" X 20".

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Dexter's will be modified as I need it to look more like it fits in the South.  The walls will be changed and not have the Campbell's shingles on the front or sides.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I had a conversation with the A&S RR Ticket Agent this afternoon.

We decided to make one change to the track plan. A minor change with a bigger impact on the switching options.

The area is to the right of the box car.

I was planning on having a station with two side platforms to service both tracks. Good idea in theory but not so good in practice.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I cut in a right hand turnout on the inside and a left hand turnout on the outside track.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

A section of pink foam board was removed so a piece of cork roadbed could be installed to give the turnout some support over the transition area.

Back in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I did the same on the outside track.

I have the FSM freight station and will use it as the structure here. I built this FSM kit some 35 years ago.

I'm going to redo the roof, get rid of the shingles and add rolled roofing the the two main roofs and repaint the freight deck roof.

Some other repairs need to be made to bring the structure up to code to satisfy the corrupt Tahope council.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This is the only passenger car allowed inside the city limits of Tahope. The car can be spotted on the siding. Word has it when the car isn't in use, the council members are known to have a little dime anti poker game going on.This of course can't be verified.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

The new area is looking great! You have been a very busy guy. So when are we going to hear about an addition to the building.  ;) ;D
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

Tom...

Very cool.

But what is an SP&S car doing in Florida ? ? ?

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

deemery

Quote from: bparrish on August 21, 2018, 01:56:48 AM
Tom...

Very cool.

But what is an SP&S car doing in Florida ? ? ?

see ya
Bob

It's on vacation!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to