The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 2

Started by ACL1504, May 11, 2017, 12:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Track work looks great as usual. Love the station. Is that The FSM 235 Station?

Karl

bparrish

Dave...

He better turn that SP&S around soon for the west or it will be listed as AWOL.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 20, 2018, 08:08:53 PM
Tom

The new area is looking great! You have been a very busy guy. So when are we going to hear about an addition to the building.  ;) ;D

John,

Thank you my friend and yes, I've been busy on the center section. No more additions, the City of Orlando said "Tom, that mother will have no more babies."

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on August 21, 2018, 01:56:48 AM
Tom...

Very cool.

But what is an SP&S car doing in Florida ? ? ?

see ya
Bob

Bob,

Thank you, much appreciated.

The SP&S is in Tahope, Fl. after delivering some very special railroad items. It will be returned when they send me the ACL boxcar back. ;D ;D

Tom 8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on August 21, 2018, 08:46:20 AM
Quote from: bparrish on August 21, 2018, 01:56:48 AM
Tom...

Very cool.

But what is an SP&S car doing in Florida ? ? ?

see ya
Bob

It's on vacation!

dave

Not sure about the vacation but I bet it was a wild ride from there to here.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 21, 2018, 01:30:12 PM
Hi Tom:

Track work looks great as usual. Love the station. Is that The FSM 235 Station?

Karl

Karl,

Much appreciated as always, than you.

Yes, it is FSM Station #235. I'm going to change the roof to rolled roofing and repaint the aluminum roof.

I built that station some 30 years ago.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on August 21, 2018, 04:54:41 PM
Dave...

He better turn that SP&S around soon for the west or it will be listed as AWOL.

see ya
Bob

The SP&S has an exchange program with the A&S RR. 8)

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've been absent for the past five days. My sister was in town and I didn't get anytime to work on my AS for the past five days.

The good, er, great news is that I've been out here for the past 9 hours.

Today, I started wiring the entire center section including the reverse loop.

Feeder wires in the roundhouse area -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Also,

The last two photos put me over the 3900 picture mark for the thread. That's a lot of photos over the past four years. An average of 975 per year, 81 per month and 2.7 per day.

WHEW! I'm tired just typing that information.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Tomorrow I'll share what I plan to do with an FSM kit.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 23, 2018, 06:09:14 PM
Also,

The last two photos put me over the 3900 picture mark for the thread. That's a lot of photos over the past four years. An average of 975 per year, 81 per month and 2.7 per day.

And we are very grateful .
I love photo's, don't we all.

EricQuebec

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 23, 2018, 06:10:35 PM
Tomorrow I'll share what I plan to do with an FSM kit.
Thank you... now I will be unable to sleep that night... cna't wait tomorrow to see what you plan to do  :)
Eric

Rollin

Also,

What is really impressive is the amount of work you've accomplished in just the last year... I was lucky enough to have a tour of your layout last summer. Since then you have added the upper deck structure and the new peninsula down the middle. For comparison, just look at a picture from then

S&S RR

Also,

Tom

Congratulation on the land mark - that's a lot of work and time away from your layout to share it with us.  Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful layout with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on August 23, 2018, 06:11:01 PM
Also,

And we are very grateful .

Jan,

You are welcome, it has been a great ride as well.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com