Structure on the old C&S Teout Creek Line

Started by 7thStreetShops, May 28, 2017, 01:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7thStreetShops

In keeping my word to talk about structures on this forum I offer a few photos of Structures on my previous layout, the C&Sng on the old Trout Creek Pass line -  an operation in Colorado Mountain Railroading (Helper Service) in S scale.

The structures (including bridge and abutment of the Colorado Midland overpass) were scratch built. Even the girl on the porch of the Section House was scratch built. Except for her, all were developed upon the best information from the Historic Records AND field investigations of the location of Hill Top (C&S) later named Bath (Colorado Midland).

You may have seen one or two of these photos in the online Hobby Magazine a few years ago.

Enjoy.

ACL1504

Derrell,

Nice old photos of the old layout.

I won't say anything about scratch building REAL women.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

7thStreetShops

Thanks Tom.

I might add that photos can be art and in this case each photo probably took a certain "creative" approach to develop.

The Story develops from there. Uncle (Benjamin) Bender English was an avid rail fan and photographer at the TOC 20th. His photos are so rarely seen that only I seem to know about them. About 1910 he traveled out to Colorado and was enthralled with the Narrow Gauge, especially the C&S. There are no other (seriously Zero) photos of Bath / Hilltop at that S.W. corner of the South Park.

I made one of the photo available for the enjoyment of my friends in Denver with whom I met at different homes for MR fun, dinners and other discussions on a regular basis. Somehow that photo got out (as things do on the internet) and a few years later someone pointed out a forum of a local Hystorical Society that pounced upon the photo as authentic of Bath! Yep. My model photo was taken for the real thing with discussions about grandparents growing up in Bath as well as the desire to obtain a copy of this "rare" photo actually shot in 2007. I never intended for that to happen; but - c'mon! It's FUNNY!

I see I miss spelled "Trout". If you saw my keyboard you might understand. Somebody parked the "r" next to the "e" and then my (2 and a half) fingers have worn all but the lower two 1/32" corners of each letter off so that they look exactly alike. (Vicki hates my keyboard!) I am what one might call an ad-lib typist!

Derrell

Zephyrus52246

Nicely "aged" photos.  Looks like a nice layout.

Jeff

S&S RR

Very nice modeling and pictures.  Thanks for sharing them with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad