Dioramas

Started by engine909, June 13, 2017, 09:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engine909

I would like to suggest a book by the amazing Ruben Gonzales called F.A.Q. Dioramas. 560 pages.
An AK project The complete guide for dioramas and environments.
You can get it at the FOS site. It's a big boy 8.5 x 11. High quality paper.

An other one, also an AK project is extreme 2. Weathered vehicles / Reality.  Also 8.5 x 11. 252 pages.

Also Realistic Wood by AK.

Pictures and techniques are excellent.

ed

JimF

It may be a fantastic book, but at $99. it won't be on my shopping list, unless I hit the lottery.

There is a lot of info out there (books, videos, online, etc..), at way less cost.

Just my $.02

Jim F

rpdylan

That does look like an awesome book..... would be nice to see it under the Christmas Tree! 
Bob C.

cuse

I got it and also the Wood one...I plan on devouring it over my staycation  :D

S&S RR

I decided to buy myself an early Christmas present. I need some summer reading for my nights in the gazebo.  Thanks for the recommendation.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

Ordered both books , 79 euro here, a lot of money for a book but I guess books will only become more expensive in the future.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Ed

Doug owes you a free kit or something you just sold a few books for him. Doug just sent me an email that mine were on the way.
John Siekirk

engine909

Those of you who are familiar with Alan Hubbard (nextceo), know his talent of modeling. He is a big fan of AK products and those books.
I hope all of you are happy with your decision. The videos by the same people are also very educational . Plus they are free.
Combining the two will produce some very highly detailed dioramas. As witnessed by Alan's work.
ed

S&S RR

Ed

I received my books today.  I just got a chance to glance through the pictures. Great stuff.  I can't wait to take a deep dive.
John Siekirk

engine909