Cypress Creek Railroad

Started by SteveCuster, July 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrees

I like the way your rock cliffs turned out Steve.  Also your vegetation with the rock cliffs looks  amazing also.  Great job.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Keep It Rusty

Really quality work, all the way around!

Great job, Steve.

Mark Dalrymple

Looks great, Steve.

I find your not so interesting stuff more interesting than some of your really interesting stuff!  Keep it coming.

Cheers, Mark.

EricQuebec

Steve, your rocks are very impressive, very realistic

Eric

friscomike

Nice job, Steve.  Your work is convincing!  ~mike c

Bernd

I have to agree with the others on those rock cliffs. I really like the coloring an vegetation. Nice.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Looking beautiful. Just love the mountain scenery.

Karl

Jerry

Steve your "not so interesting" category is just filled with wonderful ideas and work!!

One of the many reasons so many people follow your work!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jrmueller

Impressive work Steve. Gives all of us some interesting ideas and perhaps motivation. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

SteveCuster

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!
Steve Custer

Pennman

I spent some time going over your latest update. I really like the way you did the rock walls too, looking fabulous !!
Keep the pictures coming. can you put up the link to your personal build website page sometime again?  Thanks

Rich

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

You are quite welcome as always. Keep the pic flowing.

Karl

Lynnb

I've hit a roadblock on my layout and thought I'd do some replays of your progress, went from page 1-19 and your work never gets old, fantastic work and appreciate the messy bare wood built up and foam board, you are extremely talented. I really need to get my act together and post my layout.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone. I haven't done much on the layout in the last couple weeks but I have started a couple new buildings for it so once they start to come together I'll post a progress report. I've also spent quite a bit of time just painting castings for the layout.

I'm glad I can give you a little inspiration with my work Lynn. You should definitely post some of you work and if you need a little feedback on something you're stuck on I'll be glad to help if I can.

Rich, the link is www.scalemodelworkshop.com but I haven't updated in a while.
Steve Custer

SteveCuster

I started to move forward a bit over the last few days. I started to work on the concrete near the small engine business. I also started working on some of the other side of the layout.

I use plaster of paris for my concrete. I spread it thin and use a 6" spackle blade to even it out. I try to make it pretty soup so it levels out a bit easier.

I use a sharp pencil to draw the expansion joints etc..

I carve the cracks in with a pretty dull Walmart folding knife.

I put the structures back in place make sure the plaster was level enough to work with.

Before I started gluing the structures in place I wanted to semi-finish the scenery behind them. I haven't weathered the concrete either...that will be one of the last steps.

I painted up some castings for the little work shed. I didn't end up using the castings that came with the kit. These are from my collection of castings I think a few are FSM and the others might be BIS.

I glued the structures in place and added some basic ground cover. The concrete still hasn't been weathered yet, that will come next.

I placed Barnstead Lumber in the general area it will sit.

With O'Neills and Barnstead sitting in their places I can started to get an idea how to fill in the rest.

That's all for now. I already started on a few structures that will sit between the back of Barnstead and the tracks the go along the mountain.

Once the scenery dries around the small engine repair I'll start adding some of the surrounding details and building up the area.

Thanks for following along.
Steve Custer