That's it!

JimmyD

RailroadKits

I'll put image 3 here:

[attach=1]

JimmyD

RailroadKits

Here is what I did....

Simply add attach= and the number of the attachment you'll be placing in your post. Make sure you've surrounded the attach statement in brackets.

Like this:
[attach=1]

RailroadKits

The image attachment number you put after the equal sign has nothing to do with the image file name. It is only the chronological order number of the attachments in that post you are writing. For example, the second post I did above in this thread was for image #3, but it was the first attachment of that post. Here is the screen capture for it:

[attach=1]

JimmyD

RailroadKits

One more example:

[attach=1] [attach=2]
[attach=3] [attach=4]

and finally...

[attach=5]

and the screen capture of this post:
[attach=6]

I haven't figured out another way to do this. Sorry!

JimmyD

S&S RR

Jimmy

Thanks for posting this I will give it a try.  Now that I've done my lesson for today and promised to do the homework can I ask a question? Some of our members are posting pictures that show up larger in the post without having to click on them.
Do you know how to make this happen (lesson 2)?  Is it only when you are linking the picture that is stored on another server?

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Thank you Jimmy, I'll give it a try and go from there. And what John said on Lesson #2!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Okay, here I go!

[attach=1]

and the next one.

[attach=2]

Now, dummy me but why am I getting double images?

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

One more

[attach=1]
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Well, at least now I can post the photo in line with the narrative. Jimmy you are a genius and I see you have the images at the bottom as well.

I'm happy now!~

Tom ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

To steal jimmy's thread.   

The way I pull photos in is to pull the photo into my gallery. 

Then while in gallery bring up the photo. 

It will displayed with four lines of code.

Drag highlight the top line and hit control C.

Then go to your message post and hit control V where ever you want the photo.  It will show the code but when you click post or preview the photo will be shown. 

The photo can be removed by deleting over the code line

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?