SierraWest Tractor Repair Shed and Boiler House - O Scale

Started by nextceo, September 03, 2017, 02:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nextceo

Hey Gang,

Here are the Final Pictures of my diorama that incorporated the SierraWest Tractor Repair Shed and Boiler-House Kits - O Scale. It won 2nd place in the Diorama Category at the 2017 Narrow Gauge Convention in Denver and I plan to bring it to Altoona, PA in November for the Fine Scale Model Railroader Expo. The size of the Diorama is 26 inches by 26 inches. It contains 15 LEDs with two Simulators - The first Simulator is a flickering Welding Light that runs for 30 seconds and then turns of for 90 seconds before repeating and the other Simulator is for burning coals that can be found in the Blacksmith Hearth. The Quad Nash Truck seen on the diorama has both front and rear working lights.

Thanks for Looking!
Alan

PS - A Special Thanks to Brett Gallant of SierraWest for adding his "Magic Touch" to my Diorama Photos by making them look like they are right out of 1929.

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

cuse

Spectacular modeling and [size=78%]photography.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]I definitely want to be "Team Sierra West" (just haven't jumped in yet). Some of the best models, techniques,  and modelers (like this one). Great work![/size]

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

engine909

He is a bad dude. Can also model the hell out of a kit.
ed

tct855

What's the big deal here?  All the pictures are old, dark and scratched up.  They don't show anything very well.  Everything is old, beat up and rusted.  So what's the big deal here?

;D For those who've stop reading and are looking to tear me a new one... Got'cha!  Alan like I say other another forum.  You Da Man!  You earned all the recognition you can carry in your O-scale dump truck.  Keep on, keepin' on...     Thanx Thom...

adm.nelson

Great diorama, Alan, saw your model at the show. Spent some time looking it over. Beautiful. Even my wife loved it.

nextceo

Thanks Thom, Gregory, Ed, Cuse and Admiral. I definitely appreciate the nice comments.

Happy Sunday!
Alan

MAP

Excellent!  You really nailed this build.  Can't wait to see it in person at the EXPO!
Mark