RailroadKITS - Depot / Station

Started by GPdemayo, December 19, 2013, 05:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Hello All........

I told Slim that I would be building this kit after the holidays, so I thought I'd get the requisite photos out of the way so I can get back to Xmas shopping for Pegi.

First up is the box.

Next is the kit contents.

Finally there is the instructions. Jimmy has them online and they need to be downloaded and printed. No objections here as he sold the kit at a very reasonable price.

See y'all after the holidays with the first photos of the build.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !!!
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dave K.

I started this one in CB&Q colors...then the club decided they wanted Rock Island. Grrrrrrr....

BandOGuy

Quote from: Dave K. on December 19, 2013, 07:16:18 PM
I started this one in CB&Q colors...then the club decided they wanted Rock Island. Grrrrrrr....

Oh the Rock Island line is a mighty good road,
the Rock Island line is the road to ride........
Get your tickets at the station for the Rock Island Line.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Slim Jerkins

Below are a couple of quick photos of one of my walls. I'll post better pictures in my lighting thread once I take them with the other camera and resize them all proper like.

The photo of the inside of the wall shows that the bracing has been cut down from the top of the wall to allow for a ceiling to be placed inside the structure. I might cut the bracing a wee bit more - about 1/32 or so to allow for the thickness of an LED lead. I'll cover all this in detail this weekend.

The other photo shows my colors. Not sure who's color scheme it is but I thought it would look ok.

-slim

gnatshop

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 19, 2013, 05:43:29 PM
See y'all after the holidays with the first photos of the build.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !!! 
After the holidays!!!
Is it gonna take you that long to find a present that makes Pegi happy? ??? ??? ???

Slim Jerkins

Oh yeah... And it's Depot Station NOT Depot AND Station.

Jimmy probably took days and weeks thinking up that name - "Depot Station."

His next one in the series will probably be called "Food Restaurant" or something catchy like that.  :P

-slim

GPdemayo

Dave:

Don't you just love it when that happens?

Thanks for looking in, stay tuned, more after the holidays.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: BandOGuy on December 19, 2013, 09:34:53 PM

Oh the Rock Island line is a mighty good road,
the Rock Island line is the road to ride........
Get your tickets at the station for the Rock Island Line.

Oh my gosh, the're breaking into song. Whats this forum coming to?

Thanks for following along BandO!
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: Slim Jerkins on December 19, 2013, 10:26:58 PM
Below are a couple of quick photos.....The other photo shows my colors. Not sure who's color scheme it is but I thought it would look ok.

-slim

Slim:

The colors look good, I'll be watching your build.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Hey Greg,

I'm glad to see that you're (that's the proper contraction of you and are - I haven't seen Candy over here, yet, but I better get it right from the get go) doing a build thread on this neat little kit.  I'll be following along on your build and the lighting of the same with great interest.

I hope you got Pegi something nice for X-Mas.    :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on December 20, 2013, 01:36:37 PM
Hey Greg,

I'm glad to see that you're (that's the proper contraction of you and are - I haven't seen Candy over here, yet, but I better get it right from the get go) doing a build thread on this neat little kit.  I'll be following along on your build and the lighting of the same with great interest.

I hope you got Pegi something nice for X-Mas.    :)
Hey Bob:

Glad to see you over here. I already saw you intention to do a FOS build over here after the first of the year and I'll be following along.

I think this will be a nice little station and I look forward to the build, especially the lighting.

I really like the lighting you've done on your builds with Slim's products and give you fair warning that you will be "drafted" to tutor me with making that happen.

I did get Pegi a few things that will surprise her and a few that I hope will have a good "WOW" factor. It gets harder to come up with something spectacular each year, especially after 47 years!

Merry Christmas to you and Eileen, see you soon !!! :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 20, 2013, 02:16:47 PM
I really like the lighting you've done on your builds with Slim's products and give you fair warning that you will be "drafted" to tutor me with making that happen.

Be glad too.  I'm planning on adding some photo's of the lighting as I add it to the FSM Brownsville Station I'm building for Tom.  That thread, of course, if over on Kitforums.  Hopefully I'll have some updates on that soon.  After I finish a smaller structure I just added lights to as well.   8)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on December 21, 2013, 10:51:20 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on December 20, 2013, 02:16:47 PM

Be glad too.  I'm planning on adding some photo's of the lighting as I add it to the FSM Brownsville Station I'm building for Tom.  That thread, of course, if over on Kitforums.  Hopefully I'll have some updates on that soon.  After I finish a smaller structure I just added lights to as well.   8)

Thanks Bob, your help is greatly appreciated!
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Gman,

Gregory was over at my humble abode this afternoon begging for an ice cold Diet Pepsi! He was out getting stocking stuffers for his lil' Pegi! Of course, he had to tell my Babe what he was doing and she then started in on me about no stocking stuffers the past several years. See how our friends can start a family misaspute and disunderstanding. Oh wait, I'm not on the PO PO Force anymore. I just lost my self for a minutes.
Tom
:)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 22, 2013, 06:08:02 PM
Gman,

Gregory was over at my humble abode this afternoon begging for an ice cold Diet Pepsi! He was out getting stocking stuffers for his lil' Pegi! Of course, he had to tell my Babe what he was doing and she then started in on me about no stocking stuffers the past several years. See how our friends can start a family misaspute and disunderstanding. Oh wait, I'm not on the PO PO Force anymore. I just lost my self for a minutes.
Tom
:)

How about a big "boo hoo" for ole' Tom having to go Xmas shopping for the Babe..... ;)

BOO HOO
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL