The Lake's Ruin.

Started by Polux, September 20, 2017, 05:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polux

Basic Information:

Base: 300 cm x 20 cm

Scale: 1/35

Locomotives: 2 scratch build locomotives.

Tracks: HO scale (modified)

System: Digital (Marklin)

Scratches:

Polux

The Lake's Ruin will be a fantasy layout.
An artistic work.

The story starts on November, in England. My girlfriend and I visited the Warley show and sleep together on the Warwick castle. Nice combination trains and castles....

I remember we were walking, calmly, around the fantastic layouts showed on the event.
Observing. Thinking....
That weekend, after some deliverance, we decided to build this project.

My girlfriend isn't a modeller, but will be an excellent artistic manager. An exigent! In fact, I've been drawing many difference projects before I received her "OK". lol

So here starts our project together.

Wish us luck!

Polux

The Lake's Ruin explains the day by day of a beekeepers family. Their bee hives are dispersed around the ruins and the lake. The two freight houses are there to help on their work; like the two small locomotives that bring the opportunity, at the family, to move the bee hives without major problems. We thought, that see the small train running throw the ruins and arcades was a very romantic idea.

We were looking for another important item as well; we would like to add an old century tree on the scene. It will have a lovely hut on their branches ;)
It should be a perennial one. We have the idea to add three or four more trees, but they will deciduous, leaving the soil full of reddish leaves....

That's the idea

ACL1504

Pol.lux,

Neat story, I'll follow along on the adventure.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

I like it!

There was a small layout in the Gazette not too long ago that was basically some kind of farm and all of the rail equipment was homemade-looking, military-surplus or converted vehicles to support the farm's specific needs...it was fascinating and told a story. I'll be watching!

John

GPdemayo

Sounds neat.....I'll be looking in.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Polux

First work on the base....

The simple base finished...

Polux

And started to work on the relief as well.

Polux

Hi all.
An update!
Still working on the relief and the "lake". I added some form on it....

Polux

Scratch build the first freight house....

Janbouli

Oh, well done, great job so far.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Polux

Polux

Just start the interior paintwork.
On the right of the house, you can see a more dark part on the soil, I'm planning to add a chimney there....

ACL1504

Polux,

Great job on the first freight house. This is fun to watch.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com