2012 Narrow Gauge Convention Layout Tours - Seattle, Washington

Started by S&S RR, March 26, 2018, 09:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

This Thread is the  photographs that I took during the layout tours from the 2012 Narrow Gauge Convention Layout Tours, in Seattle, Washington. 

Readers should keep in mind that this was a snapshot in time and that in this case the owners have had 6 years to expand and improve their layouts. The photographs are what I snapped as a modeler doing my own personal research for my layout. I take a lot of pictures in a hurry so I can see as many layouts as possible during the layout tours. As always, I thank the layout owners for opening up their empires. The purpose of these threads is to share what I experienced during the layout tours and maybe provide some inspiration to a fellow modeler. There are a lot of very inspirational layouts and I have found that Narrow Gauge Conventions provides an opportunity to see some of the best.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I visited the following layouts during this layout tour.

Page 1                   - J. J. Johnston - Puget Sound Iron Goat Railway HO

Page 12                 - Janice and Barry Dupler - South Park Branch of the Denver & Rio Grande Western RR HOn3 / HO

Page 16                 - Dale Kreutzer - RGS Second District Sn3

Page 21                 - Greg Wright - Consolidated Republic Mining Co. 3/8n20

- Paul Scoles - Pelican Bay Railway & Navigation Company - Sn3

I visited Paul's layout a couple different times and posted the pictures in this thread:

http://modelersforum.com/layout-tours/paul-scoles-pelican-bay-railway-navigation-co/

Page 27                   - Bill Busacca - Rio Grande Southern - Sn3

Page 35                   - Russ Segner - Coal Creek Lumber Company - Sn3

Page 46                    - Max Maginness - Tara Flat Sn3

Page 48                    - Bob Christopherson - Pioche & Western - Sn3

Page 54                     - Steve Depolo - Alaska Pacific Railway & Terminal - Sn3

Page 57                     - Ron Hopkins - The Moclips and Beck's Creek Railroad - On30

Page 67                     - Jim Younkins - Mud Bay and Southern N

Page 72                       - Dave Woodrell - Rio Grande Southern, Northern Division Sn3
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I will be posting the pictures from these layouts here over the coming weeks as time permits.
John Siekirk

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Our first layout is J.J. Johnston - Puget Sound Iron Goat Railway - it's HO scale.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

engine909

S&S RR

Ed

Just getting started with this thread - these older pictures require more processing before they are ready to post. It will take me a while to get them all posted.
John Siekirk

Lynnb

John the photos you have started with show some great looking work.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

S&S RR

John Siekirk