Two cities layout.

Started by Random, April 08, 2018, 12:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Random:

Great looking structures. Keep the pics flowing.

Karl

Random

I haven't spent much time in the workshop lately but I have been working on a block of buildings which will sit behind the station next to the hotel.  Here is an in progress teaser photo.

The two smaller structures are Lunde Studios fronts with foam core bodies.   The bank on the right made from two Bachmann Savings and Loans.  The bank sign is stenciled directly on the wall with craft paint.

Cheers
Roger Hines

Is 5 layouts too many?  Yes, it is.   

Focussing on the 1941 Boston-ish layout and pondering a mid-70s D&H switching layout.  There are still a lot of airplanes and spaceships in the closet and who knows what else might pop up.

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, Roger.

There is certainly some heft to those structures!

Cheers, mark.

ACL1504

Roger,

Great stuff here, loving following along.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Boy are they big.....looks good Roger.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Impressively large structures.  They look great.

Jeff

postalkarl

Hey Roger:

That's quite the building. Love it.

Karl

Random

I finished weathering and roof details on the three new structures. 

I still need to add some signs and looking at the water tank on the bank there needs to be a visit from the pigeons.   This block will form the background behind the existing station scene. 

Cheers
Roger Hines

Focussing on the 1941 Boston-ish layout and pondering a mid-70s D&H switching layout.  There are still a lot of airplanes and spaceships in the closet and who knows what else might pop up.

S&S RR

Roger

Very nice builds. That's a lot of window castings.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Random

Window castings are easy once I stopped painting them with a brush.  The bank building's windows are cast in rows so I installed them after painting the castings and the walls.   The other 3 buildings have windows cast in place.  I spray the wall casting with the color I want for the windows and then brush paint the bricks. 

Cheers.
Roger Hines

postalkarl

Hey Roger:

Just beautiful work. Can't wait for more.

Karl

ACL1504

Roger,

I'm never disappointed when checking in on this thread. The building are really amazing and will be even more so when finished.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tom.boyd.125

Roger,
Great looking skyline !
Keep the progress photos coming.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Random

This set of background structures is almost complete.

The brown building houses The White Rabbit Tavern, one of the oldest taverns in town, on the ground floor and apartments above.   The Red building is the home of Ieveli's Restaurant on the ground floor and apartments above.  It also sports a brand new awning. Pasquale, the owner, is very pleased.  Opened in 1924, it is the oldest Italian restaurant in the city.

The building on the right is the Merchants Co-operative Bank complete with a small cantilevered awning over the entrance and security bars inside the windows.

Here is a view down the block.

This block will sit behind the station scene.  I have one more false back structure to add.

Cheers
Roger Hines

Dennis Bourey

WOW!!! Beautiful job on that block Roger.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)