Pittsburgh & West Virgina Railroad

Started by ACL1504, April 12, 2014, 07:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Quote from: Erieman on April 14, 2014, 12:17:52 PM
Greg,

Thanks for posting more pictures of Tom's ( not  Tom  L's layout because he doesn't have one yet, unless you count the pieces). I recall that Tom L. had mentioned that the layout was two levels, but totally forgot about it until I saw your photos. Keep them coming. Looks like a lot of good stuff on the lower level as well.

Frank / Erieman

Will do Frank. Check back in a day or two, I have to resize a few so I can post.

Greg
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on April 13, 2014, 07:09:30 PM
WOW!  Keep them coming.

More on the way. I just need to crop and upload more of them!

Tom L. ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: TomW on April 13, 2014, 07:25:29 PM
Tom and  SBG thanks for coming down and seeing the P&WV and Union RR. It is a lot to try and under stand operations but the group did really well for the first time. Structures are still my first love and operation comes right in at second. . If any one has any question please let me know. Frank/ erie man if I can help answer any question let me know. I worked at Clairton Work from 72 to 82 when 5000 in our plant got laid off. You needed 25 years to keep your job. Funny thing is I got my pension papers last week.
Thanks again for the nice comments.
Tom W

Tom W.,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for adding your thoughts. We had a wonderful time last Saturday!

Tom L.  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Erieman on April 14, 2014, 12:17:52 PM
Greg,

Thanks for posting more pictures of Tom's ( not  Tom  L's layout because he doesn't have one yet, unless you count the pieces). I recall that Tom L. had mentioned that the layout was two levels, but totally forgot about it until I saw your photos. Keep them coming. Looks like a lot of good stuff on the lower level as well.

Frank / Erieman

Frank,

The lower level holds some wonderful treasures as well. I was working my way around the layout but I'll give you some of the stuff under the steel mill. I need about an hour or two to crop and upload them.

PS: I did get your last drawing but haven't had the time to really look at it closely! But I will!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I told Frank, Erieman, I would show some of the treasures under the steel mill or lower level. First I want to show this scene of four photos. The USS wrokers come out of the front gate and immediately go to the nearest bar for a nice tall cold one! The buildings are from Downtown Deco.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The followiong set of photos is from one of my favorite spots on the layout! This area is on the lower level.

Tom did an article, it was published in the ModelRailroad Hobbyist Magazine, on roof top details. The following six photos are of the buildings and the roof details as well as the area around the structures. The structures are DPM and all are facing towards the back drop so you only see the rear of the building.

This scene is fantastic.

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here are some photos of structures under the steel mill and on the lower level.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

A few more.

That's it for tonight!

Tom L.  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

WOW , Tom , thanx a lot for these great pictures, keep them coming.
I love photo's, don't we all.

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on April 14, 2014, 07:20:33 PM
WOW , Tom , thanx a lot for these great pictures, keep them coming.

Jan,

I will if you keep coming back!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on April 14, 2014, 07:34:59 PM
Pretty amazing

Thanx
Bob

Bob,

You are very welcome. Thanks for following along.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

TomW

Tom. Thanks for posting the pictures, I know how much work it takes to resize and post.
Thanks again,
TomW

jrmueller

Great pictures. I think that one fellow with the green shirt has been to the pub a few times. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad