The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

After seeing the next two photos, I realized I neglected to make the steel bridge at the height so I could use bridge footers. Not gong to worry about it now.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I needed to make a water diversion for the base of the supports. If not, the water flow will beat at the flat side and wash the river bottom away from the base. This would be a disaster for the Tahope County Commission.

I cut a piece of styrene and then marked on base a center line. It doesn't have to actually be centered but it needs to be square to the base.

I then glued the styrene to the base using the pencil line and the bottom of the base as a guide.

This next step is important. I then glued the other end to the edge of the first end and made sure it was tight against each other.

When using this method DO NOT GLUE THE STYRENE TO THE OTHER SIDE YET.

Continued -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The reason I didn't glue the other side to the base is so I could "eyeball" the amount of curve on each end to get is as even as possible.

When satisfied with the two ends, I tacked some glue on the edges to hold it in place. I then added more glue and weights to hold it until dry.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Bruce Oberleitner

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Bruce Oberleitner

BTW, with this recent spurt of activity on the railroad it begs the question be asked,

Tom, are you drinking more Diet Pepsi these days?

Inquiring minds want to know

:o :o :o

jimmillho

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on October 23, 2019, 07:52:13 PM
I agree that this is impressive Tom.

Curt,

Thank you as well. You'll see it up close on your next visit.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on October 23, 2019, 07:54:26 PM
BTW, with this recent spurt of activity on the railroad it begs the question be asked,

Tom, are you drinking more Diet Pepsi these days?

Inquiring minds want to know

:o :o :o

Cousin Brucie,

No, actually I'm still only doing 2-3 a day with a lot of water in between. In fact I have a water now. The spurts of activity come when I don't post everyday and then have 40+ photos to share. I need to get back to daily updates.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Bridge work continues over the Big Tahope. Those update aren't ready for prime time yet.

Kris Cutler, our resident arborist gifted me most if not all the trees formerly growing on the Pennsy.

I took a break from bridge work and added a few Fall colors to the North Sanlando area including Eaton's Curve. I'll show some before and after photos.

Thank you so very much Kristina!

Trees left of Sinner's Mill.

New trees added.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Red flowering tree added to North Sanlando.

Before photo north of Varrick Freight.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Same basic area after new trees added.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com