Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on October 28, 2019, 06:43:05 PM
The trees look great.

Curt,

Thank you, appreciate you stopping by.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on October 28, 2019, 08:37:33 PM
Oh , getting better and better , great trees .

Jan,

Thank you, Kris Cutler did a fantastic job making all the wonderful trees. She gets all the credit for the new scenery look.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on October 28, 2019, 09:24:07 PM
The addition of the trees look really great Tom.  I like the way you have varied the different type of trees and vegetation on your layout.  Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve,

Thank you very much. I'm very thankful I was gifted the trees for planting on the A&S System.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: DennisBourey on October 28, 2019, 09:32:55 PM
It's picture perfect..............Dennis

Dennis,

A perfect picture and compliment, thank you.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on October 28, 2019, 09:45:05 PM
Tom

Fantastic scenes. Your layout just keeps getting better and better. Great work my friend.

John,

Thank you my friend, very much appreciated. As we all say, the layout is never finished, only improved.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on October 28, 2019, 10:25:04 PM
Hi Tom;

Hopefully this will post.  I have just been catching up, really looks nice. Moreover lots of great pointers and ideas, thanks for sharing.

Jim D

Jim,

Yes, it did and thank you for being a follower on this adventure. You are very welcome for the sharing. It helps to keep me going as well.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on October 29, 2019, 05:59:12 AM
Ive always thought modeling fall colors is the most dangerous trap for us...but I love how you've added subtle bits of color (must be a native Floridian ;D ). Perfect! It really adds a nice touch visitors might not even be able to put their finger on. Well done!

John

John,

You are correct about modeling Fall colors, especially in the South. I agree with you in that the secret is the subtleness of the color blend. Thanks for checking in Butty.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on October 29, 2019, 09:14:13 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on October 28, 2019, 05:43:30 PM
Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on October 23, 2019, 07:54:26 PM
BTW, with this recent spurt of activity on the railroad it begs the question be asked,

Tom, are you drinking more Diet Pepsi these days?

Inquiring minds want to know

:o :o :o

Cousin Brucie,

No, actually I'm still only doing 2-3 a day with a lot of water in between. In fact I have a water now. The spurts of activity come when I don't post everyday and then have 40+ photos to share. I need to get back to daily updates.

Tom ;D

Boy, I hear you.  Posting on forum threads does take alot of time.  For what its worth, I am off of the Diet Pepsi these days.  Another change that had to be made in an attempt to get my health back. 

Shocking news isn't it?

:o :o :o

Cousin Brucie,

No, not really shocking but I believe it's a great idea until you get the other issues under control.

I'm still only drinking two or less a day. Not sure if it's me or not drinking the DP but I feel better as well.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on October 29, 2019, 01:42:02 PM
The additional colors really make for a nice change to the overall appearance.  Looks great!   :D

Bob,

Thank you and I agree. The additional colors really changed the look of each scene. Now to do the entire East side of the layout.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Now, I need to let ya'll know I'm not the great bridge builder you gave me credit for.

This next photo says it all - The bridge and road don't line up.

The bridge and road are a HO scale 5 feet off.

Come to think of it, not my fault, it's the damn surveyor's fault. I built it to the correct specifications, per the bridge blue prints.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm thinking at this point it will be easier to get the radway crew to realign the road vs. realigning the bridge. Dang surveyor. I bet he works for one of those bums in the Bottoms. There must be a Saturday Report in this one.

The bridge works continues at this point and the road will have to wait until the bridge is finished and in place.

The concrete slab on the bridge roadway is now poured and cured.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'll show how the roadway was re-surveyed and realigned in a later thread post.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Tom just getting caught up again.  The scene with the new tress beautifully done.

The road and bridge someone needs to be fired for this!!  ;)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision